Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

New England is a nickname for a geographic region.

So is Golden State.

Tampa Bay refers not to the city of Tampa, but to a region.

But Vegas Golden Knights is pretty stupid.  So is Carolina Hurricanes / Panthers.

How do we feel about the Islanders? I mean they are called the NY Islanders but really they are the Long Island, Islanders. 

While fox news continues to ignore the students in Florida, they did have an interesting story about the Washington Chicago game. Apparently some scumbag fans yelled racial insults at Devonte Smith-Pelly while he was in the penalty box. The fans (4) were removed from the game shortly after by security and the Blackhawks issued an apology.

Edited by SkuggaLiger

While fox news continues to ignore the students in Florida, they did have an interesting story about the Washington Chicago game. Apparently some scumbag fans yelled racial insults at Devonte Smith-Pelly while he was in the penalty box. The fans (4) were removed from the game shortly after by security and the Blackhawks issued an apology.

I'd love to hear the faux news slant.

I'd love to hear the faux news slant.

Can I guess? Obama Hometown Sports Team Stifles Free Speech.

Subtitle: Why don't the Democrats do something about these attacks on the second part of the First Amendment. (The first and third parts, Religion and Free Press, Eh, maybe those are suited to a different era)"

Edited by MattiPaj

Can I guess? Obama Hometown Sports Team Stifles Free Speech.

Subtitle: Why don't the Democrats do something about these attacks on the second part of the First Amendment. (The first and third parts, Religion and Free Press, Eh, maybe those are suited to a different era)"

You gotta throw in something about uppity minorities and how the guy has no right to complain because he's a professional athlete.

So, I've had hockey on the tv continuously since noon today. Haven't been sitting here watching it the entire time (laundry, house cleaning, paying attention to my dog, finished a book, eating) but yet, whenever an announcer's voice rises my head snaps up or I run into the living room... I think I have a problem..

They yelled "Basketball! Basketball!" apparently. Bad enough.

Golly gee, I wonder why people like that feel emboldened. Maybe they have some canine DNA and are good are hearing the whistles.

I watched quite a bit of that game.

At one point scoring chances where in favor of the CBJ 20 to 10. I couldn't believe CBJ was down a goal when the announcer said that. Toronto looked.... not good.

But they won. Some nice solo plays by a few players on Toronto was the difference, especially the goalie.

Games against these teams were said to be a measuring stick. It’s clear while the Leafs have made great improvement they are still easily two years from competing against the top teams. With the playoff structure as it is . It should be no surprise if this season they are a first round out. Hopefully the management will stay on course keep their young their future is ahead not now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.