Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

Insensitive hockey post: 

It's been relatively quiet about the Leafs everywhere recently, and I saw Matthews is out again. So I took a chance to peak at the top of the standings in the hope that they've been sliding.

Best team in the league in the last ten games, and 5th in the NHL overall. They aren't even getting fanfare and they're a legitimate cup contender already. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. 

Imagine when they acquire one of McDonagh/Doughty/Karlsson in the next couple years. And their prospect pool is still full of good, fast, smart players. 

We're going to have two Tampas in our division literally starting yesterday.

Something, something,..complete teardown needed, something....

Meanwhile, "Starting today..."

Perfect.

Insensitive hockey post: 

It's been relatively quiet about the Leafs everywhere recently, and I saw Matthews is out again. So I took a chance to peak at the top of the standings in the hope that they've been sliding.

Best team in the league in the last ten games, and 5th in the NHL overall. They aren't even getting fanfare and they're a legitimate cup contender already. Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. 

Imagine when they acquire one of McDonagh/Doughty/Karlsson in the next couple years. And their prospect pool is still full of good, fast, smart players. 

Where is Dudacek to tell us regression was inevitable? :p

Something, something,..complete teardown needed, something....

Not sure where you're going with this, but they drafted in the top-10 like a bazillion times to get this foundation.

Where is Dudacek to tell us regression was inevitable? :P

Even when they had a slump earlier this year when i was still following, and their offensive numbers were suppressed, it was still a bad thing for us because Babs was teaching them how to actually play defense - the sacrifice during the middle of this season and of some gaudy numbers for Matthews will ultimately pay dividends when they're in the playoffs going forward IMO.

-----------------------

I would totally claim Jussi Jokinen, no way he's worse than Nolan, and I'd like some bodies that let us keep guys in Rochester.

Not sure where you're going with this, but they drafted in the top-10 like a bazillion times to get this foundation.

They didn't eliminate their entire NHL worthy roster to get that lottery eligible position so they had an actual core when Austin arrived.  And it shows today.

Fer cryin out loud, I'm tryin to eat my lunch and post this at the sme time.  I wiped it out and had to start over 3x.  Almost said F it.

I really don't want to hate Gio....

They didn't eliminate their entire NHL worthy roster to get that lottery eligible position so they had an actual core when Austin arrived.  And it shows today.

Fer cryin out loud, I'm tryin to eat my lunch and post this at the sme time.  I wiped it out and had to start over 3x.  Almost said F it.

I really don't want to hate Gio....

they also drafted some decent players to give them the core they had..........

Insensitive hockey post: 

They have a ways to go to be Tampa.

And I’d rather have a Hedman in his prime than an overpaid and declining Karlsson or Doughty, if they even get one of them.

Toronto is/will be a great team. But Tampa quality is not guaranteed.

They have a ways to go to be Tampa.

And I’d rather have a Hedman in his prime than an overpaid and declining Karlsson or Doughty, if they even get one of them.

Toronto is/will be a great team. But Tampa quality is not guaranteed.

As of now, "Tampa quality" isn't too ludicrous - 5 playoff series wins in 4 years, right? No cups. 

I'd bet every cent I have that this Toronto core will at least match that during some stretch in the immediate future.

As of now, "Tampa quality" isn't too ludicrous - 5 playoff series wins in 4 years, right? No cups. 

I'd bet every cent I have that this Toronto core will at least match that during some stretch in the immediate future.

I’m probably projecting a fair bit of success for Tampa this year, I guess.

Though Pittsburgh may have other ideas.

Depends on the hole :unsure:

Does it?  Really?  :devil:

Ducks score 2 in the last 20 seconds of the third to take the Oilers to OT. McJesus wins it in the shootout.

Any interest 12 put on waivers last day to do so.https://t.co/AA8a8FtkIs?amp=1

Chris Stewart may be a suitable replacement as a tough-playing winger once Evander is gone, although they don't play the same side.  We kinda liked him here the first time around, didn't we?

Does it? Really? :devil:

Ducks score 2 in the last 20 seconds of the third to take the Oilers to OT. McJesus wins it in the shootout.

Chris Stewart may be a suitable replacement as a tough-playing winger once Evander is gone, although they don't play the same side. We kinda liked him here the first time around, didn't we?

No, we're racist around here now

Didn't ya know ;)

Does it?  Really?  :devil:

Chris Stewart may be a suitable replacement as a tough-playing winger once Evander is gone, although they don't play the same side.  We kinda liked him here the first time around, didn't we?

I'd be good with Stewart in blue and gold again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.