2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs : Conference Finals

WildCard

That was game 2 my man, series is tied

:thumbsup:  Shows how much I've been following this years playoffs.  Conference Finals match ups aren't what I was pulling for.  Out of the 4 teams remaining I'd have to go w/ Nashville.  

:thumbsup:  Shows how much I've been following this years playoffs.  Conference Finals match ups aren't what I was pulling for.  Out of the 4 teams remaining I'd have to go w/ Nashville.  

I had the ducks vs preds pinned as a match up, but my eastern conference final, for some reason I thought the caps wouldn't choke this year :p

So Johansen hates Kessler

“He just blows my mind. I don’t know what’s going through his head out there. His family and friends watching him play, I don’t know how you can cheer for a guy like that. It just doesn’t make sense how he plays the game. I’m just trying to go out there and play hockey and it sucks when you have to pull a stick out of your groin every shift.”

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/ryan-johansen-fighting-words-ryan-kesler/

Edited by WildCard

It's so funny how fans out here in Vancouver Canucks country could never understand why the rest of us hated Ryan Kesler.

And then he became a Duck and was like "oh, now I get it!"

He's like a smarter, more talented Matthew Barnaby. Everybody hates him except the team he's on at any particular moment.

I can't believe THIS Ottawa team has a chance to go to the final.

The NHL really needs to take a look at the current playoff format. Like them or hate them, there's no reason the reward for finishing 2nd overall for the Pens should be to have to battle through the 4th ranked team overall, followed by the 1st ranked team overall, getting very beat up in the process, where Ottawa, owing to the vastly inferior Atlantic Division, gets a (relative to the Pens) easy road through to the conference final. You can really see the advantage showing itself early in this series.

The playoffs always need to be carrying the most weight, certainly, but the current format has the NHL regular season bordering on meaningless.

I suppose this could benefit the Sabres in the future, and I won't complain then, if it does, but still :p

The NHL really needs to take a look at the current playoff format. Like them or hate them, there's no reason the reward for finishing 2nd overall for the Pens should be to have to battle through the 4th ranked team overall, followed by the 1st ranked team overall, getting very beat up in the process, where Ottawa, owing to the vastly inferior Atlantic Division, gets a (relative to the Pens) easy road through to the conference final. You can really see the advantage showing itself early in this series.

The playoffs always need to be carrying the most weight, certainly, but the current format has the NHL regular season bordering on meaningless.

I suppose this could benefit the Sabres in the future, and I won't complain then, if it does, but still :p

Exactly, hush! ????

And if they followed the 'division, conference, cross, best' system, then Washington would've had the Rags in round 1 & the Otters in round 2. Pittsburgh would've had the BJ's then Moe-Ray-All. Those 2 likely would've survived & playing 2 western teams right now.

And if they followed the 'division, conference, cross, best' system, then Washington would've had the Rags in round 1 & the Otters in round 2. Pittsburgh would've had the BJ's then Moe-Ray-All. Those 2 likely would've survived & playing 2 western teams right now.

Good point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.