2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs : Conference Finals

WildCard

I saw stuff that didn't even resemble whatever a "hockey play" is.  There's one clip of an Ottawa player tackling Malkin and holding him down on the ice for three or four seconds.  That's holding -- IN FOOTBALL -- ffs.

Isn't playoff hockey AWESOME?!?!?!

Every team has done this equally, including Pittsburgh. It's called playoff hockey. I have found this playoffs to be delightfully brutal and I hope it continues in the finals.

The brutality is so unnecessary. I wish playoff hockey was a sport and not a war.

Guys playing through broken bones and concussions is the norm, and that's messed up. Hockey will still be hockey without the needless violence.

The brutality is so unnecessary. I wish playoff hockey was a sport and not a war.

Guys playing through broken bones and concussions is the norm, and that's messed up. Hockey will still be hockey without the needless violence.

I don't even know how to respond to this.

I saw stuff that didn't even resemble whatever a "hockey play" is.  There's one clip of an Ottawa player tackling Malkin and holding him down on the ice for three or four seconds.  That's holding -- IN FOOTBALL -- ffs.

My take is they were calling the usual penalties in the Preds - Ducks series. The Pittsburgh - Ottawa series though looked like rugby on skates. That last game was ridiculous.

My take is they were calling the usual penalties in the Preds - Ducks series. The Pittsburgh - Ottawa series though looked like rugby on skates. That last game was ridiculous.

That's what I saw, too.  I didn't see that much of Preds-Ducks because of the times, but what I did see was the usual hockey on steroids--faster, harder, etc.--but they weren't letting obvious penalties go.

They let everything go then called the itsy bitsy bit of interference on Kessel along the boards where he pulled off that terrible dive to let the Pens go up 2-1 on the subsequent Power play.

They let everything go then called the itsy bitsy bit of interference on Kessel along the boards where he pulled off that terrible dive to let the Pens go up 2-1 on the subsequent Power play.

Don't forget about the itsy bitsy slashing call on the Pens in the 1st.

I kinda think they were both ,"Look, we already warned you guys so now we have to call it" calls. The slashing of the Pens at the start of that game was something else and it stopped after that call.

Don't forget about the itsy bitsy slashing call on the Pens in the 1st.

I kinda think they were both ,"Look, we already warned you guys so now we have to call it" calls. The slashing of the Pens at the start of that game was something else and it stopped after that call.

True

Over $1000 to even get into the arena for the games in Nashville. I've been to every home Preds playoff game over the past 8 years, but I'm half tempted to sell my seats for Game 3 or 4 since I could probably get around $4000 for the pair.

That's pretty nice money. I'd sell one of those games. Give someone else the opportunity to see a playoff game and make a little cash at the same time. Everyone wins.  :thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.