2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs : Conference Finals

WildCard

If you win you've done your job. Who cares how it happens? It's not illegal.

I care because I like to be entertained. Of course winning is the end goal for the coach, but for the league, it's an entertainment product. Sort of like when a crappy movie makes a bunch of money...the director, actors, and studio did their job, I suppose, in a very machiavellan sense. But they also didn't do their job, y'know?

I'm not a Pens fan. They have tanked multiple times to get superstar players and nobody gives them grief about it. I personally think Crosby is a cheap shot artist and a diver.

I wouldnt say nobody. :p

F the tanks.

Damn that's right. Well, maybe the philosophy of their current regime, then.

Did they tank for Daigle too?

Yes.  So, there you go *tankers never prosper*.

HEY! :cry:

Yikes.

I meant the management of the teams that did.  Certainly not the fans here and elsewhere that supported the tank.  I hold no grudge against them.  Sorry.

I'm opening up to the idea of an Ottawa v Nashville final, should that come to pass.

Two Franchises that have never won the Stanley Cup, could lead to an exciting series.

Yes.  So, there you go *tankers never prosper*.

Yikes.

I meant the management of the teams that did.  Certainly not the fans here and elsewhere that supported the tank.  I hold no grudge against them.  Sorry.

Come on, dude. I completely understand the anti-tank sentiments, I really do. But it's just not fair to say they never prosper, when this has proven to not be the case.

For the sake of your argument, "often don't prosper" might do the job.

I'm opening up to the idea of an Ottawa v Nashville final, should that come to pass.

Two Franchises that have never won the Stanley Cup, could lead to an exciting series.

Come on, dude. I completely understand the anti-tank sentiments, I really do. But it's just not fair to say they never prosper, when this has proven to not be the case.

For the sake of your argument, "often don't prosper" might do the job.

Fair enough.  

I know, I was just being melodramatic :)

Well, then F ... oh, never mind.   :P

It's going to be a long summer, but at least my fasting month starts soon.

I care because I like to be entertained. Of course winning is the end goal for the coach, but for the league, it's an entertainment product. Sort of like when a crappy movie makes a bunch of money...the director, actors, and studio did their job, I suppose, in a very machiavellan sense. But they also didn't do their job, y'know?

Well, I think it's subjective.  You might think that a game that is played like basketball is the way to go.  Others may think a game like soccer is the way to go.  It's tough to sell it when they just put up a 5 spot.  They are counter-punching and it's a good strategy.  It's like people complaining about campers in FPS games.  Camping is a strategy, it may not be glamorous but in the end if you get to claim victory what does it matter.

So, you can look at the Sens style and not like it.  What would your opinion be if the Sabres were doing that and were sitting in the ECF's right now?  If you would accept that then you should accept what the Senators are doing.

Movies are even more subjective nature and two movies can succeed at the same time where as on the ice only one team can win.  I understand where the argument comes from.  I don't have a problem with them playing a defensive game. It's a different story when we move into the obstruction, holding, etc.  Those are penalties that aren't getting called, but if they play a clean defensive game I can't fault them for it.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.