2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs : Conference Finals

WildCard

Well, I think it's subjective. You might think that a game that is played like basketball is the way to go. Others may think a game like soccer is the way to go. It's tough to sell it when they just put up a 5 spot. They are counter-punching and it's a good strategy. It's like people complaining about campers in FPS games. Camping is a strategy, it may not be glamorous but in the end if you get to claim victory what does it matter.

So, you can look at the Sens style and not like it. What would your opinion be if the Sabres were doing that and were sitting in the ECF's right now? If you would accept that then you should accept what the Senators are doing.

Movies are even more subjective nature and two movies can succeed at the same time where as on the ice only one team can win. I understand where the argument comes from. I don't have a problem with them playing a defensive game. It's a different story when we move into the obstruction, holding, etc. Those are penalties that aren't getting called, but if they play a clean defensive game I can't fault them for it.

I hear you too and the analogy is a strategy, but I hate camping as much as I hate slow down games... it is boring like soccer in general. Though it is interesting the Senators imo can play both and seem to switch back and forth when they see an advantage... so imo they are interesting. If the Sabres team scored 4 goals in the first like they did, I could understand making the rest of the game boring... survive and move on... Edited by North Buffalo

I long for the day we argue if the Sabres "playoff" style is boring.... We will not give a crap if we squeak out 2-1 victories as long as we get 16 of them

Being desperate for something doesn't mean you have to lower your standards to unspeakable levels

Too bad...without him I cannot see Nashville winning this series. Strange how thin they are down the middle...after Johansen they sure do not have a great mix of centers. I always thought you build a team down the center first but these days defense seems to be the number one factor.

Too bad...without him I cannot see Nashville winning this series. Strange how thin they are down the middle...after Johansen they sure do not have a great mix of centers. I always thought you build a team down the center first but these days defense seems to be the number one factor.

You need both. The last Stanley cup winner had Crosby and Malkin down the middle.

Do we know yet if Fisher is playing? He never came back after that knee to the head. That would really suck for them (and for us) if he couldn't go.

Which is why I wince every time people want to spend millions on non-elite wingers. Tarasenko? Yea, gimme. But your run of the mill 20 goal 50 point guy? No thanks.

I have the same concern, including the concern that KO may not be worth his contract. The story isn't written on that yet though IMHO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.