The 2nd Annual Great SS Meetup! Saturday March 10th, 1pm

WildCard

Honestly there's a pretty slim chance of me being able to make the next one. As soon as you guys pick the game I'll confirm.

FWIW the tickets come in groups so there's a chance you'd be able to "sit with Sabrespace" and still be with your kids. Taro and his son did the same, as did Neo and his kids. They were all at Gabriel's Gate as well. 

I don't know the age of your kids though, so maybe you don't want them around a bunch of loud cursing drunks :P

Just catch a flight with bio and come on out. We'll make it near a holiday or something

Honestly there's a pretty slim chance of me being able to make the next one. As soon as you guys pick the game I'll confirm.

FWIW the tickets come in groups so there's a chance you'd be able to "sit with Sabrespace" and still be with your kids. Taro and his son did the same, as did Neo and his kids. They were all at Gabriel's Gate as well.

I don't know the age of your kids though, so maybe you don't want them around a bunch of loud cursing drunks :P

Haha thanks man. Yeah they're still little, 9 and 6. We normally sit center ice section 117/ 105 or as close as stubhub will get us. Three seats is an odd number so it just depends on what i can get my hands on. It would be awesome just seeing everyone in between periods ☺

Just catch a flight with bio and come on out. We'll make it near a holiday or something

B-)   I'd love to go if I can swing it, but like other out-of-towners, I'll have to see once dates are selected, I think.  Near a holiday is probably worse for those who have to fly, though I understand if that's easier for the local folks as far as time off.

Better start selling my ars for another trip, im down

Nice!

Definitely interested in one or both games depending on schedules. During November it is likely to conflict with youth hockey season so I might have trouble there.  later March is usually okay.

I'm good, thanks for asking.

Busy life with moms cancer and work, im lurking here in the dark mostly though and try to keep my self updated without getting involved.

How are you my friend, ?

Miss seeing you around here buddy, hope everything is going well with you and your mom. 

Very excited to see you are down for another trip though! :beer:

Well, I think it's safe to declare the inauguration of this hopefully annual event a rousing success; everything from Eichel out-dueling Matthews to Modo coming all the way over from Sweden, that night had it all. 

So, in talking with Tom Webster, we start again! The schedule isn't typically released until the end of June, but we would like to gauge the initial interest right first so we can prepare.

A few things:

1) It's only fair, IMO, that those who went last year are grandfathered in. If you went last year, you get first dibs on coming this year

2) I would like to do two games, one in November / December and one in March / April. We're not sure if this one is doable yet. If not, we would again do a spring game

3) We don't know the schedule yet, but I would like to hear thoughts on if we want another Leafs game, or a different team. 

4) Gabriel's Gate worked perfectly, I vote we go there again.

This process went very smoothly last time, let's make it that way again please.

i would be over next season if i could but not possible at the moment, would love to meet you guys on here. Will happen at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later

I'd like to join but it's tricky coming from out of town -- will definitely try.

For the 1st game, can I suggest November rather than December, as better weather makes for easier travel for the out-of-towners?

Also, a Sat. night game on a weekend with a home Bills game on the following Sunday would create the possibility of a lengthy binge including a tailgate. (e.g. Sat. Oct. 28, Sat. Nov. 11 or Sat. Dec. 2).

Just sayin'.

Only problem is the weather in WNY is so unpredictable. This past November had more snow and worse conditions than December did. We had a white Thanksgiving, but a green Christmas. And it was mid-November 2014 when Buffalo got 7 feet in places. The weather is a crap shoot from October on in these parts.

I have seasons for the Bills so I'd definitely up for that tailgate too if it happened.

Edited by Claude Balls

I'm very interested. The Rochester meetup was fun enough, I can't imagine even more SS characters in one place.

Still pissed I missed that one. But with J-Bo in charge now, maybe the Amerks will be fun to watch again too. Count me in for a second Amerks meet-up. Maybe Ink can pick me up ;-)

Edited by Claude Balls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.