Tim Murray and Dan Byslma Have Been Fired

Mustache of God

Man this is so shocking.

Not so sure getting rid of Murray was the right idea tbh. Is there a Gm or prospective GM out there we want? Lombardi is a player's GM and won two cups, but we already have a whole host of bad contracts.

At least there is time before the draft to organise stuff.

Please tell me you are not saying, "Who's out there better than Tim Murray?"

- NS's take on the natural progression of operations coming out of the tank was interesting.

- Glad to see Pi following through. Wish he'd chosen a different avatar :P

- I'm not surprised to see Dan go, I'm pretty surprised to see Murray go. I don't care, though. Tim's plan/confidence was shaky to the Pegulas, and this summer isn't the time for that.

- Good news, Sabrespace - I am going to try my best to never speak of Bylsma and his system again. We move forward.

- I don't think we need to worry about a new GM hitting reset and stalling our progress to get his guys in. We have good players here. There may be a trade or two that blow our minds, but we are going to field a competitive hockey team. We will have a renewed sense of hope, a renewed sense of purpose, and a real, no BS hockey culture. Unless we totally ###### up the GM/coach hire, but I don't think we will. 

- I loved Tim's press conferences, but I stopped loving his results. Rochester was brutal, Buffalo was brutal, for the same reasons. 

Today has given me some hope. While our rebuild still has a very real chance of going off the rails, that chance decreased a bit today. It's ready to jump in either direction, though. Make good choices T&K. 

Like Taro sez, Dean just got fired for those contracts, so I have a feeling he can grow and learn as a GM. I wouldn't be panicking if we hired him.

Edited by Randall Flagg

That 2014 draft really was bad though, except for Samson and Johansson.    He drafted Lemieux whom they interviewed but didn't notice he didn't want to be in Buffalo.

I wanted Barbashev instead of Lemieux.   And the rest of that draft won't even make Rochester I think.

2015-2016 drafts are the ones we'll cash in.    But they are 2 - 3 years away from becoming a sabre.   (guhle excluded).

Victor Olofsson from 2014 is someone to keep an eye on. 

- NS's take on the natural progression of operations coming out of the tank was interesting.

- Glad to see Pi following through. Wish he'd chosen a different avatar :P

- I'm not surprised to see Dan go, I'm pretty surprised to see Murray go. I don't care, though. Tim's plan/confidence was shaky to the Pegulas, and this summer isn't the time for that.

- Good news, Sabrespace - I am going to try my best to never speak of Bylsma and his system again. We move forward.

- I don't think we need to worry about a new GM hitting reset and stalling our progress to get his guys in. We have good players here. There may be a trade or two that blow our minds, but we are going to field a competitive hockey team. We will have a renewed sense of hope, a renewed sense of purpose, and a real, no BS hockey culture. Unless we totally ###### up the GM/coach hire, but I don't think we will. 

- I loved Tim's press conferences, but I stopped loving his results. Rochester was brutal, Buffalo was brutal, for the same reasons. 

Today has given me some hope. While our rebuild still has a very real chance of going off the rails, that chance decreased a bit today. It's ready to jump in either direction, though. Make good choices T&K.

Very optimistic for a Buffalo fan.......may be a bit misguided though

This is one of those chickens come home to roost days. Terry had dinner with a popular former Sabre and thought he would make a good GM. Patty admirably said he wasn't qualified to be a GM but took the president job. For whatever reason, it didn't work out. But before he left, that unqualified president that Terry hired, along with Terry's club hockey coach buddy from Happy Valley, interviewed and hired a first-time GM out of Ottawa. By the name of... Tim Murray. The begatting was not good, here.

Constant change doesn't look good, it makes you look unstable and like you don't know what you're doing. 

Change for the sake of change, yes.

Change because of being stagnant and not a good look on the future, then it actually looks like they know there is something wrong and are trying to change it.

TP may fail again in the next hiring go around, if he realizes it and moves on again I will support the next firings.

Complacency is the root of mediocrity in sports.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Change for the sake of change, yes.

Change because of being stagnant and not a good look on the future, then one actually looks like they now there is something wrong and is trying to change it.

TP may fail again in the next hiring go around, if he realizes it and moves on again I will support the nest firings.

Complacency is the root of mediocrity in sports.

It's change because you keep making the wrong hire in the first place

Day of reckoning indeed, whichever WGR reporter called that yesterday

The other thing, Murray clearly had guys he liked - Kane and Lehner come to mind. His guys. I wonder what happens to them.

Also, Antipin - I guess he isn't signing here anymore

He may not have anyway. I know it's been speculated the NHL/Olympics thing would be a deterrent to KHL players coming over. Well, it was reported this morning that Vancouver lost its KHL addition for this reason.

Here's a name I haven't heard mentioned as possible GM....

Wait for it.....

Mike Milbury

Sarcasm is often a tool utilized when it is truly funny.  This is just .....insipid.  He can stay on NBC, he's terrible enough announcing.  

I just hope his GM isn't Dean Lombardi. Yes I know he won the Cup with Los Angeles but I feel most of that was because of Ron Hextall. Hextall leaves Los Angeles and you notice they miss the playoffs once he leaves. Now he is rebuilding Philly and started it off on the defense.

No, They win a Stanley Cup, then Hextall leaves & the Kings get to a Conference Finals & then win ANOTHER Stanley Cup. They then missed the playoffs, missed out on winning their division by a point, & mised the playoffs in this past disaster of a season.

Clearly it was ALL Hextall & has been completely downhill since he left. :rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.