Okposo Hospitalized - Update: Reportedly Doing "Much Better"

That Aud Smell

Kyle Okposo is admitted to the Neuro Intensive Care Unit at Buffalo General.

I thought this deserved its own thread. Thanks for the heads up, Brawndo.

Per Hamilton yesterday:

45]

Paul HamiltonVerified account @pham1717

More

Okposo has been in the hospital undergoing multiple tests to see what is wrong with him. So far they have not been able to pinpoint it

12:22 PM - 4 Apr 2017

And, not that it matters right now given his health scare, but I am fairly sure that this team has a playoff record pace when Okposo is in the lineup.

Well, wait a second: Looks like the team is 29-25-11 with him in the lineup. I don't think that quite projects to 90 points. Even so - they are a way better team with him in the mix, obviously.

Edited by That Aud Smell

I hope they figure this out and soon for his sake. Nothing worse then having no idea what is wrong and why.

This is just the capper on a crazy awful season. From Eichel's ankle, to Kulikov's tail, to Kane's broken ribs and now this combined with bad play, bad coaching, bad leadership and a poor roster, I think this is a season everyone associated with the Sabres including the fans would like to forget.

Edited by yse325

I discovered this morning while trying to find this tweet that I am blocked by Paul Hamilton. Which is weird, because I can't say I ever followed the guy or tweeted at him about anything ever...

That happened to me with Vogl once. No idea how or why it would have happened. I emailed him and asked for an unblock -- he obliged.

I mean, I guess I don't care one way or another? It's just amusing. The media in this town are so thin skinned. 

Maybe.

I had actually inferred that some third-party 'bot-based service had effected a whole bunch of blocks for Vogl. Either that, or he just fat-fingered a mistaken block. My account and his had had many rational interactions on Twitter prior to the block.

People said Bylsma's system was confusing....

But in all seriousness.  That's scary crap.  The injury you can't identify and quantify is the fear of all athletes.  It's why they hate concussions.  A knee injury is a knee injury.

All the best to him.

People said Bylsma's system was confusing....

But in all seriousness.  That's scary crap.  The injury you can't identify and quantify is the fear of all athletes.  It's why they hate concussions.  A knee injury is a knee injury.

All the best to him.

Man, I'm so happy someone else did this, because I was totally thinking it but showed (in my view) tremendous self-restraint :lol:

More seriously, yea, unknown stuff is the worst. One of my friends just went through it--he was dropping weight, had zero energy, and so on. First they thought it was mono, then they thought maybe cancer, and they finally diagnosed an autoimmune disease. Whole process took like 3 months.

Man, I'm so happy someone else did this, because I was totally thinking it but showed (in my view) tremendous self-restraint :lol:

More seriously, yea, unknown stuff is the worst. One of my friends just went through it--he was dropping weight, had zero energy, and so on. First they thought it was mono, then they thought maybe cancer, and they finally diagnosed an autoimmune disease. Whole process took like 3 months.

It took a year before they finally decided my wife has fibromyalgia.  I think the testing is better now, but back then it was more of a process of elimination, with some really nasty diseases considered (like MS).  Fibro's bad enough, but at least it's not life threatening.

(And you should see the bunion I have.  Oy.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.