Okposo Hospitalized - Update: Reportedly Doing "Much Better"

That Aud Smell

If this is true, I know the team can't say anything, but it'd be nice for Okposo to come out and give us a "hey, I'm alive" something or other. I know he's not obligated to and if he wants to keep it private I get it, but, you know.

The absence of some kind of general communication throughout all this, although understandable, was, IMHO, a miss by him and his family. We care.

The absence of some kind of general communication throughout all this, although understandable, was, IMHO, a miss by him and his family. We care.

Yeah, he has a twitter, right? Just a "hey fans, thanks for all your support, I'm at home with my family now and feeling much better." would do it. 

I won't criticize a guy for how he chooses to communicate about a life threatening medical episode.

There's an old rule of thumb for recovery after being in an ICU (or even a hospital generally): 1 week for every day spent.

Probably shorter for an elite athlete. But the guy's got a road back, yet.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Certainly a very strange thing all the way around. Being a I find it strange all the secrecy. Having said that, moving forward Kyle O is a big big part of the team and kinda forgotten in the shuffle and with everything going on.New GMJBoto sure has some major issues to handle right away, like signing or making a decision on Lerner, Kane and how to add defensive help. Sure hope he signs Antinpin...

Does anyone know what could have been given to Kyle that he had a reaction to?

Edit.

I googled and read a little. My 2 cents...

It appears medication is give to help reduce the headaches and/or depression resulting from a concussion. They don't cure the concussion, just lesson the pain. There are many different drugs all with a wide array of side effects. He could have had a reaction to anyone of a dozen medications.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Does anyone know what could have been given to Kyle that he had a reaction to?

Edit.

I googled and read a little. My 2 cents...

It appears medication is give to help reduce the headaches and/or depression resulting from a concussion. They don't cure the concussion, just lesson the pain. There are many different drugs all with a wide array of side effects. He could have had a reaction to anyone of a dozen medications.

That's what I was thinking. Migraine drugs like Topomax are pretty heavy with some crazy side effects.

That's what I was thinking. Migraine drugs like Topomax are pretty heavy with some crazy side effects.

Then there is the antidepressant that could be given with the pain meds, that has work well in combination for other patients, and it doesn't work this time.

It's definitely not a settled science.

• 3 weeks later...

I did get the scoop from another provider, he should be able to play again

Adverse effects to medicine are always dicey. Just glad he survived and when he gets back he gets back. Get better Kyle, we are going to need you. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I would have to think that Kyle's ability to return healthy at the start of next season will have a big say in whether we trade Kane this summer. Obviously if KO cannot return then we simply cannot lose him and Kane...there'll be no one left to score from the wings

I just think there's more to this story. Adverse effects are a common occurrence. Ones that land you in the neurological ICU for days are extremely rare. We're not talking "this drug made me dizzy". We're talking stroke and the likes. But, who knows. Maybe he became dizzy in the shower, slipped, hit his head and suffered a brain bleed.

Edited by kas23

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.