Do we need Duchene???

Sabre fan

hey guys and gals: I think it has become apparent that while Jack is very good, he is unfortunately no McDavid nor Mathews who I was hoping we'd get (one or maybe even both). Having said that, we also obviously the very meaning of a 500 hockey club. win one...lose one...win two...lose two. I think O'Reilly is a great all-around player but we need that explosive offensive-guy to play first center, and that would seem to be Matt Dushene. I think Colorado would go for Reinhart and our first pick. that works for me...I also think we have to resign kulikov or trade him now and not lose him for nothing through FA...we lost briere and Drury and got nothing for either and that still burns me! Either way, reinhart and whatever for Dushene is good by me...what do you all think? I truly hope GM Murray sells and doesn't start to think he is anywhere near finished here cause we still got a long way to go... 

either way, I am glad we lost both games to the bottom-feeders because I was afraid Murray would get the wrong idea if we had won those games...this team still has a ways to go and we need to make moves and not stand pat. I am glad Guhle and some other young d-men will be here next year as it is clear our D just isn't good enough. Trading for a D man is tough as everyone wants a 1-4 d-man...heck we got kulikov in the trade and he would seem o be a 1-4 guy but we do not seem o be willing to sign him...you have to pay 1-4 d-men accordingly. Kulikov is like only 26 or whatever so he is at a great age for a big payday. Seems silly to rade for a d-man and let him walk. At least we need to trade him but then that makes no sense either. whatever...PLEASE Timmy do something...

either way, I am glad we lost both games to the bottom-feeders because I was afraid Murray would get the wrong idea if we had won those games...this team still has a ways to go and we need to make moves and not stand pat. I am glad Guhle and some other young d-men will be here next year as it is clear our D just isn't good enough. Trading for a D man is tough as everyone wants a 1-4 d-man...heck we got kulikov in the trade and he would seem o be a 1-4 guy but we do not seem o be willing to sign him...you have to pay 1-4 d-men accordingly. Kulikov is like only 26 or whatever so he is at a great age for a big payday. Seems silly to rade for a d-man and let him walk. At least we need to trade him but then that makes no sense either. whatever...PLEASE Timmy do something...

I think Guhle is the only dman in the org that has a chance to be in blue and gold next season

Unless Matthews is Lemieux to Eichel's Ron Francis, this argument is about as relevant as Bergeron is better than Toews or Thornton is better than Sedin.

Basically how I feel. Even if Matthews ultimately ends up better, I don't think the gap is anything worth caring about. And if Eichel ends up better, I'll still hate Toronto for having someone as good as Matthews. So, really, just F the Leafs.

Unless Matthews is Lemieux to Eichel's Ron Francis, this argument is about as relevant as Bergeron is better than Toews or Thornton is better than Sedin.

I'm cool if the mods have a "all Matthews is better than Ike" comments policy that includes an automatic posting of this exact statement. This concept must be drilled into the masses brains over and over again.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.