Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Word is McCoy is practicing.

I didn't know that before I decided to draw him today, but here ya go

Beautiful. @ him with that - he may well take notice and RT or whatever.

The generational dynamic here is pretty interesting. You have a bunch of 20-something fans (and younger) who are going craaaazy over a playoff berth. And that's great, don't get me wrong. But then you have a lot of older fans who are thrilled, obviously, but some must be rolling their eyes just a little at the reaction. We remember 20 or 21 playoff games in about a 10-year span.

My childhood football heroes were guys like Ferguson and Cribbs, and I was college-aged when the Bills were a perennial contender (which makes me damn near 50 now). And I went/am going craaaazy over this turn of events. You won't catch my eyes rolling.

Like the young man says in the clip: It's hard to beat a team three times!

https://twitter.com/stoolpresidente/status/948634624246403077

My advice: Stay young at heart, and enjoy what's given.

McCoy quickly exited practice after stretching, back into the athletic room

I sense some gamesmanship here.

The generational dynamic here is pretty interesting. You have a bunch of 20-something fans (and younger) who are going craaaazy over a playoff berth. And that's great, don't get me wrong. But then you have a lot of older fans who are thrilled, obviously, but some must be rolling their eyes just a little at the reaction. We remember 20 or 21 playoff games in about a 10-year span.

Nearly 31 here. I don't remember much of the Bills in the playoffs. The Sabres have basically dominated things for me since about 1997. So the Bills making the playoffs has me excited since I'll actually remember it.

Yes but is it gamesmanship in we want Jax thinking he's playing when there is really no hope or is it we know he's healthy enough to play but we don't want to show anyone how healthy that is?! :unsure:

I think it might be a good thing if McCoy can't play, well if you had a decent OC that is :p

When it comes to the Bills, I'm about as much of a jaded ass as you'll find on this board. I'm coming up on 33 and remember plenty of playoff games. I wasn't feeling the eye roll when Cincy got into the end zone. And 2 minutes later when my 65 year old dad text me "BILLS ARE IN BILLS ARE IN BILLS ARE IN!!!!!!" With a whole lot of thumbs ups and mustache emojis, I knew I couldn't be ho-hum about this one. I could hear the happiness in his voice through that text and it made me so happy for my dad.

This Grinch's heart grew a few sizes that day.

I think you and Rod Watson are the only ones rolling their eyes...

I'm old enough to remember playoffs, and I roll my eyes at anyone who would roll their eyes at the fans being excited.

I think you and Rod Watson are the only ones rolling their eyes...

god, wasn't that a fun read? 

Love how he failed to mention all the money raised by playoff happy bills fans for charities. 

I mean, we were driving to a NYE party and listening to the radio, and I said to d4rk how you'd think we'd just won the Super Bowl the way everyone sounded. And we only made it in because of someone else's loss! Tears, joy, all kinds of emotions. 

I think it's cool. If you give this city even a taste of pride and glory, they'll give you everything they've got. Never been in another area/city/region like it. 

Love how he failed to mention all the money raised by playoff happy bills fans for charities. 

I mean, we were driving to a NYE party and listening to the radio, and I said to d4rk how you'd think we'd just won the Super Bowl the way everyone sounded. And we only made it in because of someone else's loss! Tears, joy, all kinds of emotions. 

I think it's cool. If you give this city even a taste of pride and glory, they'll give you everything they've got. Never been in another area/city/region like it. 

My Fiance just about tackled me when Boyd got the TD. 

;)

Oh yeah, since we live minutes from the airport, if they win against the Jaguars, and it's not polar bear's rim freezing out, we might go and greet the jet. Could be interesting. 

STOP THE BUS!!

Liger?????

What? She did? We both jumped up when he caught it and then when he got to the endzone she just jumped into my arms and I thankfully caught her but it was awesome. Eye watering awesomeness. 

Edited by LGR4GM

I'm old enough to remember playoffs, and I roll my eyes at anyone who would roll their eyes at the fans being excited.

I'm excited but not nearly as excited as I was on 1/20/91 or 1/3/93. Or when Norwood took the field ... 

I'm still shocked that we didn't win the big one with the teams we had. 

I said to d4rk how you'd think we'd just won the Super Bowl the way everyone sounded. And we only made it in because of someone else's loss! Tears, joy, all kinds of emotions. 

Our fan base's reaction has been so uniquely wonderful that I'm really starting to believe that's true. (Heretofore, I mostly subscribed to the theory of "folks is folks" no matter where you go.)

Word up. I was watching in a large common space of a hotel, among friends and total strangers, and there was like a 15-dude dog pile on the rabbit celebration - with friends and strangers alike. Glorious.

Cool.  Misunderstood.  That's exactly how I feel.  If other people are even more excited than I am, I am genuinely happy for them.

I'd love to see the Bills knock off the Jags and then head up to Foxboro and take out the Pats. That would be enough this year for me. 

@PFF
Tre'Davious White ends the regular season as our top rookie!

In case anyone missed this little gem, here is what PFF had to say:

1. Tre’Davious White, CB, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade91.6

PFF Elite Stat: White allowed a catch just once per every 15.8 snaps he spent in coverage this season, the 10th-best rate among corners.

White stepped in right from Day 1 and showed that he didn’t just belong in this league, but he was ready to dominate it. White has held a top-three spot on this list for all 17 updates, and after claiming the top spot after Week 14, he never looked back. The former LSU star finishes the year ranked third among all cornerbacks with his elite overall grade, and he was as reliable a corner as there was all season. He led all corners with 1,093 defensive snaps played, and he finished 13 games with a grade of at least 70.0. Opposing quarterbacks had just a 68.2 passer rating when targeting White in coverage, and he was directly responsible for an incompletion (whether it be via pass breakup, interception or proximity in coverage) on 23.4 percent of the targets into his coverage, well over the league average of 15.0 percent. The Bills are in the playoffs for the first time this century and the play of PFF’s rookie of the year is a big reason why.

:)

Congrats man.

Honestly, if we're to ignore things to be happy about just because there is Bad in the World, our lives are going to be pretty .