GDT: Buffalo at Nashville 8p ET 1/24/17

pi2000

Also this was another game where we opened up and won - nail after nail is going into the "not good enough to not play ultra conservative" coffin. Hell, they seemed to win in spite of themselves. Score goals, make mistakes, play offense. We all have a lot more fun watching this game than 1 goal losses against the Bruins. Even if it doesn't always turn out the way it did here.

Well, that's the frustration. If the Sabres come out of the 1st up, Bylsma can't help but Bylsma them.

If they're losing, he eventually lets them play hockey.

Still want him punted over the AS break. (Apologies for bringing the Bylsma-ing into this thread for those who are tired of it.)

Also this was another game where we opened up and won - nail after nail is going into the "not good enough to not play ultra conservative" coffin. Hell, they seemed to win in spite of themselves. Score goals, make mistakes, play offense. We all have a lot more fun watching this game than 1 goal losses against the Bruins. Even if it doesn't always turn out the way it did here.

I have to agree... I think it was Eleven who preached about the wide open hockey for the Leafs and I questioned if I could survive it.  I suppose tonight I know how I'd feel when they win.. but if they were to lose I'm still not certain I'd take it well.

Hell, I was just about to change away when they began clawing back.

I keep watching the Eichel goal and watching the Predator players suddenly realize "OH CRAP.. he accelerated"

I have to agree... I think it was Eleven who preached about the wide open hockey for the Leafs and I questioned if I could survive it.  I suppose tonight I know how I'd feel when they win.. but if they were to lose I'm still not certain I'd take it well.

I keep watching the Eichel goal and watching the Predator players suddenly realize "OH CRAP.. he accelerated"

Oh man I was thinking the same thing. They were thinking, "He's just waiting for a line change so I'll just relax and...OH GOD, Code Brown, Code Brown!"

I have to agree... I think it was Eleven who preached about the wide open hockey for the Leafs and I questioned if I could survive it. I suppose tonight I know how I'd feel when they win.. but if they were to lose I'm still not certain I'd take it well.

Fire wagon hockey is my favorite kind of hockey. I'd take it, win or lose, every game.

I want to cry, or laugh, or whatever.

:beer: :nana:

Wow, it must be an interesting Preds locker-room right now.

I would've loved to hear RJ's call on the Eichel goal.

Here you go.

Look at what his legs do when he cuts toward the center of the ice.  It's ....um..... geez.... no one skates like that.

Upon further review, Lehner gave up exactly 4 crap goals. He might, MIGHT have been obstructed on the Neil goal. All the others were either awful or open looks.

Upon further, further review, the O came to play in the 2nd half of the third period. Overtime was fun. Jack is good.

Upon further review, Lehner gave up exactly 4 crap goals. He might, MIGHT have been obstructed on the Neil goal. All the others were either awful or open looks.

Upon further, further review, the O came to play in the 2nd half of the third period. Overtime was fun. Jack is good.

I just caught the highlights and the first goal was a perfectly placed shot and the 4th was a one timer from Neal who was wide open in the slot. Those were not on the goalie. The 2nd and 3rd goal, however, are borderline inexcusable to give up at this level.

I just caught the highlights and the first goal was a perfectly placed shot and the 4th was a one timer from Neal who was wide open in the slot. Those were not on the goalie. The 2nd and 3rd goal, however, are borderline inexcusable to give up at this level.

I thought he had a pretty clean look at number 1. And like I said, he might have been obstructed on the Neil goal. If he makes the save on any of the first 3, I don't think any of them are highlight worthy.

Sat about 10 rows up from the Sabres bench. Many Sabres fans in attendance as usual. That was fun!

Yeah, we could hear you cheering after the OT winner.  I mean, it was a pretty deafening roar.

I like how the entire Sabres bench was on their feet as Eichel cruised through the neutral zone 1-on-3. They knew he had something up his sleeve!

Yeah, it's almost like they were doing the wave.  As he skated by they all just stood up.

Bylsma: "Our guys on the bench, we thought we could come back and win, Jack was saying, we are going to win this game"

Girgensons: "There should've maybe been a few penalties against them and maybe the hockey gods made up for it"

Lehner: "Those goals don't feel good, it's small margins, they(teammates) came and bailed me out today, it's a really good feeling"

Edited by WildCard

Yet every game Rob Ray says to slow things down,,,,,don't play a wide open game.....there is some decent talent on offense....let them play

Number of consecutive #sabres wins: 3 Time they had the lead in those games: 00:00

Ridiculous. I don't remember the standings ever doing crap like this until the past few years. Are teams approaching the loser point differently?

We talked about it last year. The power in the East is shifting. Boston is falling, NYR are falling, Detroit, falling, etc. There is a turnover happening in the East, and it looks like we're at the point of tipping 

Eichel's pace projects to 38 goals over 82 games. He had 24 in 81 games in his rookie season. He's 20 years old.

#Overrated

Just wait until he has Nylander and a coach that believes in the forward pass

Edited by WildCard

https://twitter.com/StatsCentre/status/824131452753350657

Also: "Eichel with 13 goals in 27 games. McDavid with 16 goals in 49 games."

And Lehner now has more points than Des, and is tied with Gorges and Kulikov at 1pt. 

The #Sabres are now 10-2-2 in games where they are coming off of at least 2 days rest.

Edited by WildCard

Ridiculous. I don't remember the standings ever doing crap like this until the past few years. Are teams approaching the loser point differently?

Also, for almond tents and poor purses, Toronto will take that spot Boston is in, and Boston will be out behind one of those teams in front of us for that wild card spot, so we're fighting those teams directly above us.

Dear god please let the Sabres stay in the push for the rest of the season. I want meaningful hockey. I CRAVE IT

I think part of it is that the eastern teams are beating the crap out of the west this season as well.

I should have hung around for the 3rd period :(

I missed about half of the 3rd period and of OT because I had to clean up puke in the bathroom.  My son apparently came down with that bug that's going around.

I caught the winner though  :D

The wife & I went to bed at the second intermission...I turned the bedroom TV on, watched a bit of the 10:00 news, completely forgot about flipping back to the game, then fell asleep.

I will happily take full credit for this win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.