Derek Grant on Waivers; What does this do to the lineup?

WildCard

Hallelujah!  I feel confident Grant will clear wavers and be back in Rochester where he belongs. Hopefully this means Tyler Ennis is back very soon.

Ennis - O'Reilly - Okposo looks better to me than Carrier - O'Reilly - Okposo.  I don't mind Carrier, but he isn't ready for top-6 minutes just yet.

Edited by Potato

75 career games and zero goals.  That is almost inconceivable for a Center.  I assume this means our Centers going forward are O'Reilly - Eichel - Reinhart - Girgs.  That is as strong down the middle offensively as we've been in years.  Not sure how that affects the team defensively.

The rest of this season I'm not sure either.  In a couple of years I think this is an unbelievable centre group both offensively and especially defensively.  We all know about ROR.  Girgs also has good defensive instincts, it was his lack of scoring that always concerned me.  Reinhart was a great 2 way centre in junior hockey.  In the gold medal game in his WJC draft+1 year Canada made sure to have him out at the end of the game leading by a goal.  Jack is the only defensive liability here but obviously he's the heart of the offense.  The wingers are coming.  This team is about 2 years of maturing and 2 good defensemen away from being a really good team.

They said on GR (so consider the source) that Lehner is sick & a goalie is getting pulled up. I'd guess presumably Ullmark.

Not sure why they wouldn't do an emergency recall on a keeper if that's the case.

Guess Carrier & Bailey are both healthy. Hope they're both in tonight.

Who is the 4th line center now? Sam is back with Jack, Z is in for Larsson. Ennis?

You have to feel for Grant. This was probably his last and best shot to prove he is an NHL player. Oh well.

Girgs. Sam is still at C.

---

We'll always have the hit on Vesey. His lone claim to fame.

Claimed by Preds. Wish he could have played for Rochester. If the knuckleheads GMTM and DDB hadn't been fooled by a couple of preseason goals they could have actually executed that plan.

He should never have played a game up here.

Tim Kennedy has essentially taken his roster spot.

Claimed by Preds. Wish he could have played for Rochester. If the knuckleheads GMTM and DDB hadn't been fooled by a couple of preseason goals they could have actually executed that plan.

He would still have had to pass through waivers. If he got claimed after not scoring for half a season, he could just as easily have been claimed after a hot preseason. 

Edited by BetweenThePipes00

David Poille is just about the only GM who grabs players off waivers these days. Poille keeps them around for a week or two then waives them again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.