The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

Obviously bat ###### crazy.

I am more concerned about what is going on in Palestine right now.

Everyone is more concerned about what is going on in Palestine right now but I don't think we're supposed to do that here.

No, you're correct. It's both. It just depends on how the device you're using is processing the signal. A device that is set to process bass better is going to reveal one, a device that processes highs better is going to hear the other.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate. I played it room a room full of people. It was split, strangely with mostly woman hearing yanny.

Wishing you & the wife the best for the next month. We'll try to have your back.

Thank you, good sir.

With that I will start my official Ramadan fast in a few minutes.  It is 7:00 PM here in Halifax.

See you in 29, or 30, days if all goes well.  Maybe sooner if things go not so well.

Peace.

Whole Foods is giving Amazon Prime members a 10% discount on sale items. So now if you have a Prime membership you can go to Whole Foods and pay 75% more than you'd pay at Walmart after your 10% discount.

I guess technically they're the same items, but thanks to all the crazy brand names used in Whole Foods, you won't find a single thing that is sold in both stores. 

I guess technically they're the same items, but thanks to all the crazy brand names used in Whole Foods, you won't find a single thing that is sold in both stores.

True. Also, it's only Florida whole foods for now.

True. Also, it's only Florida whole foods for now.

I'm still trying to figure out which I'd rather buy, the ridiculously overpriced produce at Whole Foods or those monstrosities they try to pass off as produce in Walmart.  I'm going to have to to with Whole Foods.  Luckily I have other options close to home and don't have to go with either.

I'm still trying to figure out which I'd rather buy, the ridiculously overpriced produce at Whole Foods or those monstrosities they try to pass off as produce in Walmart. I'm going to have to to with Whole Foods. Luckily I have other options close to home and don't have to go with either.

The nearest Whole Foods to me is like 70 miles. And I'm not even going to pretend to know what food costs. I just know my wife sure is good at saving money on it.

The nearest Whole Foods to me is like 70 miles. And I'm not even going to pretend to know what food costs. I just know my wife sure is good at saving money on it.

I used to buy salads for lunch at one that was next to my office.  I left that job 8 years ago though and have never been in one since.  All I remember was not recognizing a single brand name of anything on the shelves.  Even the drinks were all weird stuff I've never heard of.  I'd imagine that Amazon has changed that a bit since they took over.

I stopped for a school bus on a country road today — Randall probably knows it well, 305 between Cuba and Belfast — and watched a little boy get off and step right to his mailbox while his mom waited on the porch. The lady bus driver could have pulled away, but she waited, watching from her seated perch as the boy first had trouble getting the box open, then struggled to reach all the way to the back for one piece of stubborn mail. Cars were lined up behind the bus, but they'd have to wait. Only when the boy had just about reached his mom did she turn off the red lights and proceed.

Page two. I bought some deodorant at Wal-Mart last night, but when I got home, it wasn't in any of my bags. $3.88. I'm not giving up on that kind of scratch. No way. I went back to the store this afternoon and asked at the customer service desk if the deodorant ended up there. The clerk got out a three-ring binder labeled, "Leave-Behinds and Fish." Honest to God, that's what it said. I wanted to ask. I really did. But before I could, the clerk said, "Yep, it sure did." The cashier from the night before had brought it to the desk, and it ended up recorded in the binder and returned to the shelf. I went back and got another deodorant and was on my way.

"I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary." —Billy Joel

I stopped for a school bus on a country road today — Randall probably knows it well, 305 between Cuba and Belfast — and watched a little boy get off and step right to his mailbox while his mom waited on the porch. The lady bus driver could have pulled away, but she waited, watching from her seated perch as the boy first had trouble getting the box open, then struggled to reach all the way to the back for one piece of stubborn mail. Cars were lined up behind the bus, but they'd have to wait. Only when the boy had just about reached his mom did she turn off the red lights and proceed.

Page two. I bought some deodorant at Wal-Mart last night, but when I got home, it wasn't in any of my bags. $3.88. I'm not giving up on that kind of scratch. No way. I went back to the store this afternoon and asked at the customer service desk if the deodorant ended up there. The clerk got out a three-ring binder labeled, "Leave-Behinds and Fish." Honest to God, that's what it said. I wanted to ask. I really did. But before I could, the clerk said, "Yep, it sure did." The cashier from the night before had brought it to the desk, and it ended up recorded in the binder and returned to the shelf. I went back and got another deodorant and was on my way.

"I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary." —Billy Joel

One of the last 60 Minutes pieces that was worth the watch. (Good thing NS is on "sabatical.")

Back when I was a kid, we were never allowed to get the mail after getting off the bus. 

I've only driven 305 outside of the stretch between 86 and Beebe Hill Rd a handful of times, but I've cut between those two roads thousands.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Back when I was a kid, we were never allowed to get the mail after getting off the bus. 

I've only driven 305 outside of the stretch between 86 and Beebe Hill Rd a handful of times, but I've cut between those two roads thousands.

I don't remember the bus dropping us off at our house, even.  It dropped us off a few houses away and we walked from there.  And no, the bus did not wait.

Edited by Eleven