The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

I don't remember the bus dropping us off at our house, even. It dropped us off a few houses away and we walked from there. And no, the bus did not wait.

I know suburbn kids today get picked up at their driveway, but PA is relating a rural scenario. Mail box may have been across the street from the house on a 55mph road. those kids always got picked up at their house. The next house isn’t 20’ away.

Edited by We've

I'll have to look that up. I don't remember seeing him on 60 Minutes.

NS... not a fan of Billy?

He said that on 60 Minutes. (Has probably done so elsewhere. It's a very good line.)

NS tends to bash Joel in his trademark non-bashing way.

PA, you jinxed me.  Traffic on Delaware was stopped for about three minutes this morning as a small girl got OFF her bus and her parent chatted with the driver.

--Why is a kid getting off a bus at home at 8:55 am?

--Why do the parent and driver think it's ok to chat and stop traffic on the city's main thoroughfare during rush hour?

--Who are all these kids on my lawn?

I don't remember the bus dropping us off at our house, even. It dropped us off a few houses away and we walked from there. And no, the bus did not wait.

My bus delivered us wherever we wanted to get off. Up North 30 yrs ago was an unforgiving time to be a bad kid in the bus.

I remember the bus driver pulling over on a gravel road in the upper most parts of the Adirondack Park(think Skerry, NY) and telling Wayne Busch, “get your fat ass off my bus”. BOOM. We left him there. All alone. No one said a word after that.

Yeh like that was more like 35+ yrs ago...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skerry,_New_York

Sigh. The good old Deer River state forest. I’ve never been as happy as I was as a boy with these places as my playground. If you read that whole thing.....I’m actually from West Bangor...not Malone....

Edited by Ogre

My social media timeline fills with royal wedding garbage as England plays dungeons and dragons, or Renaissance fair or whatever. Royalty....if I eye roll any harder, I'll dislocate an eye.

I don't get the American fascination for it.  We rebelled against the British royalty.

I don't get the American fascination for it.  We rebelled against the British royalty.

No reason to overthink it, it's just another celebrity fetish. Is it really any more bizarre than the Kardashians? Besides, it's not like the current royals are exactly representative of those we rebelled against.

No reason to overthink it, it's just another celebrity fetish. Is it really any more bizarre than the Kardashians? Besides, it's not like the current royals are exactly representative of those we rebelled against.

:beer:

That's in the filter? :lol:

Edited by inkman

I was in a walk in clinic this morning at 8am to get a blood test.  The royal wedding was on the tube in the waiting room.  6 people in the waiting room and every one of them was watching the broadcast.  If the Kardashian show was on I bet half those folks would have chosen seats with their backs to the TV.  I just don't understand.