The even randomer thread

PASabreFan

They put a Chik-fil-A in the new Atlanta Falcons stadium.

For those unfamiliar, Chik-fil-A adheres strictly to a policy of being closed on Sundays. That includes this location.

That's hilarious! Rent at the falcons new digs had to be expensive as hell, and now you've managed to cut out all your revenue.

Bold strategy, Cotton.

They put a Chik-fil-A in the new Atlanta Falcons stadium.

For those unfamiliar, Chik-fil-A adheres strictly to a policy of being closed on Sundays.  That includes this location.

Does Georgia Tech &/or the Braves play there?

That is funny, but have to believe they expect to make their money from concerts & NCAA events.

Does Georgia Tech &/or the Braves play there?

That is funny, but have to believe they expect to make their money from concerts & NCAA events.

Neither play there.

As far as I can tell, the Falcons are the sole tenant other than concerts.

They will, of course, play a couple of games on other days--especially since they're coming off of a SB appearance.  And Chik-fil-A will benefit from visibility.  Maybe they're even banking on a "wow I sure wish I could get a Chik-fil-A" strategy.  

But yeah, it's funny.

Neither play there.

As far as I can tell, the Falcons are the sole tenant other than concerts.

They will, of course, play a couple of games on other days--especially since they're coming off of a SB appearance.  And Chik-fil-A will benefit from visibility.  Maybe they're even banking on a "wow I sure wish I could get a Chik-fil-A" strategy.  

But yeah, it's funny.

Atlanta United, the MLS club, plays there as well.

On friday I saw two kids from the neighborhood standing on the sidewalk in my side yard picking at stuff on one of my trees.  I was going to mess with them a bit by sneaking up and asking them what they're doing, but decided to stay inside (working from home so I should probably actually do some work).  I wish I had.  Yesterday I was out for a walk and I noticed that the tree looked much thinner than it should.  So I decided to go and see exactly what the kids were looking at.  There had to be over 100 caterpillars going to town on the leaves (I need to send these things up to Toronto).  There were so many that if you got close enough, you could actually hear them eating the leaves.  I sprayed the tree and killed them all, but it's got to be close to 75% gone.  On the plus side, it looks like a caterpillar warzone out there now, bodies scattered everywhere.  The tree is only two years old, hopefully I can get it back to health.  I'm going to hit it with some fertilizer later and water it heavily over the next couple weeks.

On friday I saw two kids from the neighborhood standing on the sidewalk in my side yard picking at stuff on one of my trees.  I was going to mess with them a bit by sneaking up and asking them what they're doing, but decided to stay inside (working from home so I should probably actually do some work).  I wish I had.  Yesterday I was out for a walk and I noticed that the tree looked much thinner than it should.  So I decided to go and see exactly what the kids were looking at.  There had to be over 100 caterpillars going to town on the leaves (I need to send these things up to Toronto).  There were so many that if you got close enough, you could actually hear them eating the leaves.  I sprayed the tree and killed them all, but it's got to be close to 75% gone.  On the plus side, it looks like a caterpillar warzone out there now, bodies scattered everywhere.  The tree is only two years old, hopefully I can get it back to health.  I'm going to hit it with some fertilizer later and water it heavily over the next couple weeks.

Over the weekend it was the caterpillars damn near killing my tree.  And now I spotted a black widow on my sliding glass door last night.  I've been getting a crash course on southern bugs this week.  I wouldn't be surprised if all of this came from the builders tearing up all the landscaping of the model homes that are about to be moved into.  My goal now is to never actually tell my wife which kind of spider I found on the door and quietly have the bug people come out and treat the house.

Over the weekend it was the caterpillars damn near killing my tree.  And now I spotted a black widow on my sliding glass door last night.  I've been getting a crash course on southern bugs this week.  I wouldn't be surprised if all of this came from the builders tearing up all the landscaping of the model homes that are about to be moved into.  My goal now is to never actually tell my wife which kind of spider I found on the door and quietly have the bug people come out and treat the house.

My recommendations would be to leave the black widows.     We have a ton of them around our house (mostly brown widows), they're harmless.... and keep the cricket population in check.     I wouldn't waste money on an exterminator,   if you're really concerned about it, just pickup some Home Defense spray and treat the outside perimeter of your house.... nbd.   Save a couple hundred bucks.

My recommendations would be to leave the black widows.     We have a ton of them around our house (mostly brown widows), they're harmless.... and keep the cricket population in check.     I wouldn't waste money on an exterminator,   if you're really concerned about it, just pickup some Home Defense spray and treat the outside perimeter of your house.... nbd.   Save a couple hundred bucks.

I actually already have a bug treatment program in place.  It's quarterly and the price isn't bad.  They will come in and spot treat for free if you ever have issues and they are doing it at some point today.  The spiders are out of control in this area if you don't treat, so it's pretty much a must to do something.  The treatment also takes care of crickets and some other random stuff.  The caterpillars aren't part of it, but that was a rarity and I just happened to be the unlucky house it seems.  They were easy to kill with readily available stuff too, so if they ever come back, it'll be fine.

Here's the interesting thing, at least to me, that I've come across now while reading about black widows.  Praying mantises love to eat them.  Over the past month, we had a mantis hanging out on our back porch.  It was out there every day and always in the same area.  This past week it was no longer out there.  Fastforward a couple days and the widow shows up on the screen door.  It's possible, but I can't help but doubt that it's a coincidence.

edit: As for the caterpillars, I'm not the least bit worried about them.  More than anything, it was impressive to see how quickly they tore up the tree.  Nature can do some crazy things.

Edited by shrader

When a guest takes issue with one of my employees and comes to talk to me about it. I hear their side and take into consideration how they are feeling. I do my best to calm them down and we leave it with a smile and a handshake. Then not 5 minutes later the guest is ranting about making this issue a "race issue" when it absolutely cannot be construed as one.

The worst part isn't that the gentleman was making connections that simply weren't there. It's that now all the idiot hill people that witnessed it, employees and guests alike, now feel completely justified in their thinking of "see, "they" make everything about race."

It frustrates me and I can't articulately explain my feelings. Basically, everyone is a dumbass, myself included.

Oh the race issue, it's def a hot button topic and a subject of huge consequences, not one that I like to chat about (we saw what happened to the politics thread)

I was in the ER the other evening, and a black gentleman was coming to the docs area and complaining that he hadn't been see in a long time and he was getting upset (it was 45 minutes on a very very busy night) he finally came into the area behind the glass and got in the face of the medical director who happened to be working that night, he then proceeded to make this about race saying that if he was white he would have been taken care of (again, there were 17 people in the waiting room, so him being in a room alone puts him ahead of the pack) eventually, he says "this is bs, I'm a sick dude and need help and this is unacceptable and ends up walking out and leaving AMA) This lovely gentleman on his walk out then sees a friend in a hallway cart and sits there next to this individual for about 2.5 hours joking and chatting with her. So much for being sooooo sick.

I've heard that if you complain to a catholic health facility then they give you free Regal movie passes to help make up for it and try to keep their satisfaction scores up.

So yes, I hate people, I hate the power people perceive they have, and I simply hate ignorance. And the race card absolutely needs to go

Having been in GA close to 2 decades now...just get used to them. They're really not a bother and like previously mentioned are pros at keeping bugs in check. Scorpions and fire ants on the other hand....can go @#$% themselves

Edited by Kevbeau