Missing poster formation; the lost please check in

PASabreFan

The closing of every single politics thread is in and of itself a political statement. Why do the mods get to have a political voice and the board doesn't?

Just deleting all the threads isn't moving forward any conversation. There is no waiting period that will elapse when Donald Trump will stop being a polarizing figure. This is the world we live in for the next 4 years.

Please stop trying to stop us from talking about the world we live in with people that we care about.

THIS.

The closing of every single politics thread is in and of itself a political statement. Why do the mods get to have a political voice and the board doesn't?

Just deleting all the threads isn't moving forward any conversation. There is no waiting period that will elapse when Donald Trump will stop being a polarizing figure. This is the world we live in for the next 4 years.

Please stop trying to stop us from talking about the world we live in with people that we care about.

Close all the threads. Everyone go sit in time out.

I dont believe I've seen him or Liger recently. Think Liger left until the Politics thread is back

i think Eleven may be away.  I sent him a PM on the weekend and as of last check he hadn't read it, which he usually does pretty quickly.

As far as LGR goes he may be in a SDS timeout. He was pretty bad with voicing his politics in a GDT after it was stated that it would not be put up with.

I admire qwk for stating his mind, as have others, but SDS runs this show.

I don't miss the politics thread, nor the discussion in it.  I do wish that we had a place to discuss current events and if that went too political then posts should be deleted, if we can't control ourselves.

Does SDS really run this show? He just drops in every now and again to tell us no to super Eichel threads and to state his hilarious take on Swords of 1000 men as our goal song.

Freeman has been by far more involved in the politics thread and the closings thereof.

There can't be a difference between current events and politics. It's not possible.

Does SDS really run this show? He just drops in every now and again to tell us no to super Eichel threads and to state his hilarious take on Swords of 1000 men as our goal song.

Freeman has been by far more involved in the politics thread and the closings thereof.

There can't be a difference between current events and politics. It's not possible.

Yes.  Yes he does, in every sense of the word.

It's his.  He owns  it and administers it.  If he left it would be shut down, unless someone wanted to pick up the pieces.

It appears to be the case.

IMG_5918.PNG

It appears to be the case.

IMG_5918.PNG

I know you're the money man (which I thank you for), but it appears that you're pretty hands off when it comes to actual moderation. I also am obviously not privy to any private message conversations you have with the mods, too.

Can you explain to us why the politics threads keep getting shut down? There has been very little actual discourse between the board and the mods on this, just the board voicing its displeasure and the threads being shut down.

I'm with Quick on this one. Censorship is the tool of oppressors. I generally stay away from responding to politics but I don't mind reading others opinions... and I actually found some of the comments quite cheeky This election has really ignited some strong feelings within me and what I think being an American means. If what just happened doesn't stir up some emotions then I don't know what to say. I feel that freedom to post and talk amongst friends is critical to coping and creating an environment of understanding.

I know you're the money man (which I thank you for), but it appears that you're pretty hands off when it comes to actual moderation. I also am obviously not privy to any private message conversations you have with the mods, too.

Can you explain to us why the politics threads keep getting shut down? There has been very little actual discourse between the board and the mods on this, just the board voicing its displeasure and the threads being shut down.

The mods made it clear that this is something that they want to resolve via PM rather than in public. I fail to see the point of that and wont be pursuing that method, since I have already made my case in public which I think that's the most appropriate place to do it (this is a public forum after all). I suppose you could try PMing a mod. 

i think Eleven may be away.  I sent him a PM on the weekend and as of last check he hadn't read it, which he usually does pretty quickly.

As far as LGR goes he may be in a SDS timeout. He was pretty bad with voicing his politics in a GDT after it was stated that it would not be put up with.

I admire qwk for stating his mind, as have others, but SDS runs this show.

I don't miss the politics thread, nor the discussion in it.  I do wish that we had a place to discuss current events and if that went too political then posts should be deleted, if we can't control ourselves.

From an unnamed source, Homeland Security said LGR and Eleven are safe in asylum in Canada. Apparently they were on a bus full of Hollywood-types who fulfilled their promise to leave the country if Trump won. They are happily working on a co-op, contributing their fair share.  :ph34r:

Cant resist... its a Russian thing... we amerikans just dont understand... :)

From an unnamed source, Homeland Security said LGR and Eleven are safe in asylum in Canada. Apparently they were on a bus full of Hollywood-types who fulfilled their promise to leave the country if Trump won. They are happily working on a co-op, contributing their fair share.  :ph34r:

"Is this heaven?"

"No, it's Alberta.  Just wait until mosquito season, eh?"

The thread about the Russian ambassador to Turkey being deleted really bothered me. I was under the impression that the ban on political talk was related to the visceral, emotional responses in the direct wake of the election. How are we supposed to pretend this isn't happening? This board has never been a hockey escapist getaway, it's a collection of people.

So in response to that thread being deleted, I started another politics thread, it got deleted, and then made a dummy thread called holiday cooking with the same message that's posted in here and around the NHL and one more thread. That was my emotional response to having no real understanding of the unprecedented gag rule.

I tried to straight up ask the owner of the board to clarify, and he didn't respond to me other than to post screenshot proof that he pays for this place.

I got banned for a day by chz. The reason given was that nobody wants to have my rant posted in every thread. That's true, that was a rash, emotional response of mine. But wouldn't deleting the posts and giving me a warning have been a more fair punishment? The duplicate posts are still there, so teaching me a lesson was obviously more important than the spam cluttering threads.

I've never been banned before. I've been an every day member of this board for 5 years. It's a reflex for me to check sabrespace every time I pick up my phone. I've come to deeply care about many people I haven't met in person.

I take being banned very personally. I've been very weary about being on here ever since the last time PA got banned.

Good moderation is like good hockey reffing. It shouldn't become the focus of the attention. I don't accept that the mods want us to PM them to talk about this. It's a public forum. I don't have a familiar personal relationship with any of the mods, as I do with many of the posters that I do PM.

So, yeah. I was really dreading having to get this down in writing all day. I'm taking a break for a while. I'll hang around for a day or so to PM people and get email addresses and stuff.

Hope everyone has a merry christmas and happy new year! Go Sabres!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.