Missing poster formation; the lost please check in

PASabreFan

But... wait... my thoughtful criticism of Terry repelled you.

It will not get better for me than that, so I am quitting while I am behind. I said yesterday we need more hockey talk and less board talk and I've spent a lot of today talking about the board.

I should be thankful all this is so engrossing and important to me. The reason I was in Buffalo yesterday was to take a guy to Roswell. Perspective.

Merry Christmas everyone and Go Sabres!

I never understand when people say they left because of a political thread.  If you don't like what's being said, don't open it and stick to the hockey threads.  I left the PPP threads because it just became a den of personal insults whenever I gave my left of center views.  And if the political thread was left unlocked, the commentary wouldn't end up in non-political threads.

While I agree with your first two sentences here, it may also be that people are leaving because they have to wade through four feet of sewage to get to the hockey content.

That said... I don't intend to complain, because I also don't offer any solution.  I do trust that the mods' intentions are good.

Hmm learned a lot in the last couple of days. Guess I think the politics thread is a lot tamer than most so while it may affect some i have hard time understanding it. I agree having both the Sabres and Bills losing for the length of time they have has worn on me too. I walked away from TBD a while ago because of the mismanagement of the team not the site. The rah rah one Buffalo is also irritating as a PR scam over an inferior product.

I go there lurking for info on the Bills but only occasionally watch the team. Sabres I would have a hard time giving up on this site. The political discussion aside. I frankly enjoyed that part here, more intellectual discussion until the silly season took over. While I have been frustrated with lacknof clarity until recently of the mods intentions. Now that I understand better their views on the tone of things and cooling off and reevaluating period is understandable even if I think things could have been handled differently by SDS's designees.

Upshot begrudgingly I am ok with whatever is decided.

I know we've lost some regular posters, apparently permanently. A few others have been inexplicably quiet. It's funny. You get used to seeing these people talking hockey or whatever. When they stop, you wonder if it's illness (or worse!), family crisis or some other problem. We are family, if dysfunctional, so would the following kindly say hi?

DeLuca

carpandean

robviously

sizzlemeister

Might be missing a few.

I've been super busy with work so I haven't had time to post much.  I'm still watching the Sabres, but usually away from my computer when I do it.  I did venture into the last GDT to ponder if Lehner was the worst shootout goalie in Sabres history earlier this week.  (Pretty sure he is.)

I will say that I remember posting last Christmas about how the ROR trade was brilliant but basically all the other GMTM trades taken together were pretty underwhelming.  And a year later that still feels pretty accurate, which is depressing.  It's easier to talk about the team when they're doing smart things.  I guess the Nilsson trade was good value at least.

Also, based on the last couple pages, I'm thinking my decision to never read or post in the Politics thread was a good call.  I like talking hockey with you people but that thread sounded like it'd be a pit of despair.  

I've been super busy with work so I haven't had time to post much.  I'm still watching the Sabres, but usually away from my computer when I do it.  I did venture into the last GDT to ponder if Lehner was the worst shootout goalie in Sabres history earlier this week.  (Pretty sure he is.)

I will say that I remember posting last Christmas about how the ROR trade was brilliant but basically all the other GMTM trades taken together were pretty underwhelming.  And a year later that still feels pretty accurate, which is depressing.  It's easier to talk about the team when they're doing smart things.  I guess the Nilsson trade was good value at least.

Also, based on the last couple pages, I'm thinking my decision to never read or post in the Politics thread was a good call.  I like talking hockey with you people but that thread sounded like it'd be a pit of despair.  

Good to hear from you!

Even if you are right (which I think you are) it's really tough to have a strong enough reaction to a guy like Nilsson to drive discussion more than "Glad we have Nilsson".

But... wait... my thoughtful criticism of Terry repelled you.

It will not get better for me than that, so I am quitting while I am behind. I said yesterday we need more hockey talk and less board talk and I've spent a lot of today talking about the board.

I should be thankful all this is so engrossing and important to me. The reason I was in Buffalo yesterday was to take a guy to Roswell. Perspective.

Merry Christmas everyone and Go Sabres!

Hopefully good news and/or a solid plan available to you.  (And props for channeling Neo.)

What's with the implosion talk?

This really is the biggest bunch of malarkey going, PA.

And, yes, I realize he may get the Titans into the playoffs this year.

Wait, no: This is the biggest load of malarkey. 

This thread is turning into your greatest (s)hits, of sorts.

(And, yes, I agree: Your voice and role on the board are valuable and valued.)

Good to see you, sir - I will look for you in the soccer thread.

I just don't see it. Maybe it's because, following the Pat Kane thread, I steer clear of any of the disputatious OT stuff. Not worth it.

Poor choice of words at 2:30AM; a bit too hyperbolic, but it seems that others here feel that sentiment & we've lost a lot of long time good posters recently such as We've, Tank, & 11. Add on earlier losses like X & Shrader & this place isn't nearly as entertaining as it had been.

Poor choice of words at 2:30AM; a bit too hyperbolic, but it seems that others here feel that sentiment & we've lost a lot of long time good posters recently such as We've, Tank, & 11. Add on earlier losses like X & Shrader & this place isn't nearly as entertaining as it had been.

So Eleven being gone is official? Sadness. Had hoped it was just a holiday hiatus.

No eleven means no Santa Claus this year. No Christmas poem, and most importantly, it leaves me flying solo as the only Josie created avatar. This is horseshiit

I sent him a PM with my wish list on the 18th (?).  He still hasn't read it.  His profile shows that he was last active 'private', so it may have been after his last posts on the 10th.

This is, indeed, *horse hockey*.

No eleven means no Santa Claus this year. No Christmas poem, and most importantly, it leaves me flying solo as the only Josie created avatar. This is horseshiit

Ha! That's an odd category...

I guess if others want neat avatars, send me a few bucks, I'm unemployed and have more time for stuff like that finally... /shameless plug 

And yes, I believe Eleven has left us.  :(

Ha! That's an odd category...

I guess if others want neat avatars, send me a few bucks, I'm unemployed and have more time for stuff like that finally... /shameless plug

And yes, I believe Eleven has left us. :(

Yeah, and your avatar doesn't count!

I sent him a PM with my wish list on the 18th (?).  He still hasn't read it.  His profile shows that he was last active 'private', so it may have been after his last posts on the 10th.

This is, indeed, *horse hockey*.

How does one make one's last active time private? Nice feature.

Hopefully good news and/or a solid plan available to you.  (And props for channeling Neo.)

Just to be clear, I'm not the patient. But thanks.

Good to hear.  Then I extend my well-wishes to whomever you either accompanied or visited there, and certainly hope that they have options available.

Good to hear.  Then I extend my well-wishes to whomever you either accompanied or visited there, and certainly hope that they have options available.

It's an early lung cancer and the docs are pretty optimistic. He might need only one (pretty big, I guess) dose of radiation.

His last exchange was pretty heated, but there was no indication.  That was in the fire disco thread on December 10th, so it has been some time.

Not heated, just weird. The THIS IS WHAT YOU WANTED rant. And the THIS wasn't Bylsma. I think the THIS is the Sabres sucking. So, anyone who wanted Ruff out wanted the team to fall apart? I guess?

When you sign you click on the sign on anonymously box and you will not show on the active listing, except as anonymous.  You can still post and PM and everything.  It will show as private on your profile and last active listing.

And, I meant to say good for you to help your friend.

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.