GDT: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 PM ET, 11/29/2016

Doohickie

It really was something. Dude played a gritty game though. When everyone is healthy it'd be cool to see:

29-55

77-47

4-38 

assuming Fedun doesn't blow up and continues improving on the defensive side. Gorges gets some nice minutes to shut guys down and be a steadying hand that allows Fedun to experiment and grow offensively.

I'm continually impressed with how good Risto and McCabe look as a pairing together. They are a huge catalyst in the offensive and transition game, and still play solid in the defensive end. It's unfortunate that keeping that pair together with the current roster means there are two significantly weaker pairings (though I like the small sample of Fedun I have seen). If/when Bogo and Kulikov come back as a second pair that would make all the difference in the world in the defensive quality and allow us to play the open exciting game we saw last night without getting burned as often. 

ROR backhander goal was really sick. He just went right around the goalie and slammed it home. Love it! 

Fedun again showed he belongs

The PP was just insane good. Jack said he was really tired after first and fitness not there yet and it showed

Just imagine Jack at his first period level for an entire game... 

giphy.gif

Just watched the highlights.

We played pretty well, on the road (for some reason all day I thought the game was in Buffalo) against a pretty good team.

ROR and Kane look to be healthy again.

Eich's return really seemed to lift everybody else, including Disco Dan.

The standings from 8th through to 16th in the East are really jammed up, so the playoffs are certainly not out of the question at this point.

Onward!!

Onward.

Jack's on-ice skill is obvious. But this guy is a franchise player for more than that. Listen for how the arena sounds on Thursday. The special moments he brings 5-6 times a season. The charismatic interview, how he lets his persona roam free. He's no robot like some of the other stars. The team obviously loves him and follows him. The entire WNY region is captivated by every move he makes. The only times our barn has had a playoff atmosphere since 2011 have been a direct result of Jack. He's special and I'm so glad we have him.

I'm beginning to waiver on my opinion that O'Reilly should be the next captain. Between the emotional impact when Jack got hurt and the clear emotional lift with his return, it just may be his team already.

No disrespect to anyone, but I still believe that this is ROR's team, for now.

I believe that the most battle hardened veteran on my team should be the captain.

Eich will be wearing an A on his jersey soon though.

I think he benefits tremendously from Jack. He might not see the top defensive players against him and on that PP, look out! 

No disrespect to anyone, but I still believe that this is ROR's team, for now.

I believe that the most battle hardened veteran on my team should be the captain.

Eich will be wearing an A on his jersey soon though.

ROR deserves and in my opinion should be our captain. Jack should get an A and Risto also. Edited by Radar

Just imagine Jack at his first period level for an entire game... 

giphy.gif

LOL wtf is that? I gots to try that at Teds some time.

I'm beginning to waiver on my opinion that O'Reilly should be the next captain. Between the emotional impact when Jack got hurt and the clear emotional lift with his return, it just may be his team already.

There is a prolly an even split on this thought. It's one game but the Jack lift was strong. Entire team strong. Speaking is also more natural for Jack. Whether it be in the dressing room with jokes, or on the ice with refs it seems Jack is way more at ease with being vocal. Imo that counts for something. Hopefully this is a discussion in the off season starting in July.

Edited by beerme1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.