Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

I totally agree with this. My problem is that it is just another interpretation of the numbers and not the end all be all truth and everyone who doesn't agree with it is either an idiot or contrarian.

Or climate change denier. ha! It's hockey. It's not that complicated. But, as they say, every generation thinks it invented sex. Possessing the puck is important. Groundbreaking. Pretty simple. You missed the playoffs, badly, when you shouldn't have. Fire both of them. Whatever.

I totally agree with this. My problem is that it is just another interpretation of the numbers and not the end all be all truth and everyone who doesn't agree with it is either an idiot or contrarian.

Then actually spend some time formulating an argument. These continuous personal attacks on Flagg are pathetic. You don't have dozens of hours to commit to pictures? How is that not an underhanded swipe at Flagg that your time is more precious than his? You spend hours upon hours on this board. Don't act like you're too busy to convince us, you're just too lazy. And you cover up all this with smarmy attacks. I've always enjoyed you as a poster but this year you've been all the worst parts of GoDD and DeLuca combined.

Then actually spend some time formulating an argument. These continuous personal attacks on Flagg are pathetic. You don't have dozens of hours to commit to pictures? How is that not an underhanded swipe at Flagg that your time is more precious than his? You spend hours upon hours on this board. Don't act like you're too busy to convince us, you're just too lazy. And you cover up all this ###### with smarmy attacks. I've always enjoyed you as a poster but this year you've been all the worst parts of GoDD and DeLuca combined.

Now I'm confused. I think Flagg's posts are great. His analysis is outstanding and I've read every all of it. I think he gets a little too fired up when someone doesn't agree with him but that's fine. He has passion.

I have formed plenty of opinions. I have stated them often. They have often fallen on deaf ears or been met with "surprise, surprise. You're just being contrarian." As if someone has the gall to disagree,... and we wonder why the politics thread got taken away.

I think we all need to look in the mirror cuz the smarm is pretty thick on both side.

Either way, if Hamilton is wrong or not, does this media fiasco indeed hurt Byslma's chance of being fired? Do they not go through with it now because Eichel doesn't want that onus on himself?

This is what I'm worried about. Whatever the decision is, I want it to be made for the right reasons.

Dan should have been fired before that little tidbit found its way to the public. 

I think it's quite possible Jack's agent/friend/family member leaked it to influence TP and GMTM.

Here's the thing. If all this noise around the players' views of Byslma are accurate, how in the world does Murray escape with a job?

Because most GMs get a 2nd bite at the choose-a-coach apple.

Eichel agent says no truth to reports he won't negotiate extension with #Sabres with Bylsma as coach.

OK, but what else is he going to say?

Sorry I didn't spend, was it, dozens of hours that I don't have, picking out screen shots to prove my point of a team whose system was so beautiful that they missed the playoffs as well.

Now that is some high-quality smarm.

You know, about five years or so ago, I would have said that I trust him implicitly.  I don't any longer.  I can't think of specific things that he's gotten wrong, but I know there are enough of them.

He's not in Garrioch territory or anything, though.

Last season, the way Hammy characterized Gionta's reaction to Kane missing practice was utter BS and clearly fabricated to support Hammy's story. 

Having said all that, my 2 cents are as follows:

- I don't think Hammy fabricated his "inside sources" statement.

- I think Eichel's agent could easily have leaked it to Hammy in order to try to get rid of DDB.  The agent might've concluded that leaking it might be the only way to be confident that TP would get the message,

- Even so, it still seems more likely that the "inside source" is Eichel's brother/mom/other entourage member -- among other reasons, I'm not sure a high-powered NHL agent would give Hammy the time of day.

- I thought Jeremy White's take was interesting, but he stopped well short of saying that his sources have told him that DDB is going to get canned -- it was more like his sources told him that Eichel heavily criticized DDB, and Jeremy theorized the rest.

- I still think it's greater than 50/50 that DDB gets canned.

Keep hope alive!

I believe Hamilton has a source.

Given his Reinhart reporting, his veteran/kid rift reporting and things of a similar slant, I suspect his source is Bylsma or someone close to him.

Interesting, and very possible.

Soooooooooo PHam is a confirmed blowhard at this point?

Hmmm. I'm not so sure. He clearly has a source. How reliable that source is -- we'll see soon enough.

Well, we're about to find out which member of the Buffalo media to trust I guess

We've seen this movie before, folks. Different factions of an organization have different members of the media through whom they communicate things. It doesn't mean the reporter is untrustworthy, per se, but it may reflect whose sources end up winning a power struggle.

You know, about five years or so ago, I would have said that I trust him implicitly.  I don't any longer.  I can't think of specific things that he's gotten wrong, but I know there are enough of them.

He's not in Garrioch territory or anything, though.

Good take. This is precisely where I am with him.

I trust vogl

Straight shooter. Almost too straight, at times.

Given his Reinhart reporting, his veteran/kid rift reporting and things of a similar slant, I suspect his source is Bylsma or someone close to him.

Another good take.

My sense is that, whoever Hamilton's source is, he/she has heard Eichel say things that are unambiguously negative about Bylsma and has heard Eichel pretty plainly hint at a desire to play for someone else.

The agent can do all the interference and covering he wants -- and I think he did a fine job of it -- but there's something to the story, I think. I think it's gotta be more than just "someone in the organization sees that Jack is upset, has an ax to grind with the coach, and starts a rumour." Which is what the agent s aid, more or less.

I think it's quite possible Jack's agent/friend/family member leaked it to influence TP and GMTM.

<snip>

This topic is bring out the best of many here.

I'm glad someone else put this out, because I was gonna go fill tinfoil hat and suggest Bylsma and/or people close to him are convinced he's out, and this is a way to soften his landing. "Dan did all he could, but at the end of the day there's nothing you can do to fight a spoiled, entitled, kid. Dan is fine. Hire him." Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'm glad someone else put this out, because I was gonna go fill tinfoil hat and suggest Bylsma and/or people close to him are convinced he's out, and this is a way to soften his landing. "Dan did all he could, but at the end of the day there's nothing you can do to fight a spoiled, entitled, kid. Dan is fine. Hire him."

Totally plausible.

Jack Eichel's agent, Peter Fish, on if they are open to talking about a contract extension w/the #Sabres come July 1. "100 percent ... so long as Bylsma is no longer the coach."

Ftfy.