Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

And the coach killer narrative gains weight. If Hamilton and his sources can be believed...

The narrative should die forever if the players went to Jack and asked him to deliver the team's message to Murray.

And yea, it's Hamilton, so big grain of salt...BUT how often does he explicitly say "inside sources have told me...."

Pi's head explodes trying to balance Matthews' character being worse than Jack's because Jack went to college but Jack won't play here if his main man Bylsma isn't gone but Bylsma is not getting fired the rest of this offseason but a player with a negative +/- having weight like that KABOOM

The narrative should die forever if the players went to Jack and asked him to deliver the team's message to Murray.

And yea, it's Hamilton, so big grain of salt...BUT how often does he explicitly say "inside sources have told me...."

Hamilton's opinions can be a bit suspect to me; he's old school hockey to a fault. But I always believe him when he reports stuff; dude is old school beat reporter, too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The best part about this whole thing is going to be the crusty old dudes screaming about the "entitled kid" choosing the coach. Which is, of course garbage anyway, but if what White said this morning is true about the team going to Jack to be the messenger, then that says it all.

Why is it garbage? 

And if this is true, then Eichel damn well better bring us a Cusp.

Why is it garbage?

And if this is true, then Eichel damn well better bring us a Cusp.

It's garbage because, according to Jeremy White, Eichel was chosen by the players to present the case against Bylsma to Murray on their behalf. And, ya know, it completely ignores the history of professional sports: stars have major power. It's just been so long since Buffalo had a star who could wield that type of power, people forgot what it's like. Edited by TrueBlueGED

I am just utterly, completely shocked that Jack doesn't want to commit to the system that I spent three dozen hours this season trashing. It's absolutely baffling to me that his teammates didn't like it either - doing all of that grinding garbage, hell on the body, for the completely mediocre results it gave. I can't believe a team would not want to injure themselves losing. I can't believe that Jack doesn't want to commit long term until he knows he doesn't have to do that garbage. I'm just shocked, I say! How dare these players take an active interest in the success of their team and call out garbage that's such obvious garbage to everyone who's watching! Eichel better win the Art Ross and Conn Smythe next year or else everyone is wrong and Bylsma should have stayed! Eichel better rip the C off of Gionta's jersey since the players felt his voice would have the most weight with Tim! We better trade everyone and start over, of course, with Dan at the helm! The culture! THINK ABOUT THE CULTURE D:

If Hamilton's inside sources are correct DB is as good as fired. Wonder if the pro DB crowd would be willing to lose Jack eventually over this. Bye bye dan.

Agreed but we are already seeing the power Eichel has in this organization. Remains to be seen if that is a good or bad thing.

Even just a "Hey T-Pegs I know you said I run the show here but jsyk you have to pay Dan $10 million to not coach for us, ok?"

Do you think he says just so you know or do you think he just rolls it in as jsick?

I fully believe Sutter would bring winning hockey with him. I also fully believe I'd hate most moments of it--I despised watching the Kings in their prime. I respected how good they were, and I'm sure if it was my team I'd learn to stomach it for wins, but maaaaaaaan I want to be greedy and have a team that is both good and fun. 

The press conferences would be better.  That much is certain!

The press conferences would be better. That much is certain!

This is very true. Sutter pressers are most excellent :lol:

*refreshes Sabrespace

*new thread reads "EICHEL TRADED FOR HANIFIN, AHO, PICK"

*new thread above reads "Bylsma excited to start new era: "These guys are hardworking, uh, great great players""

Subtitle: Young punk taught lesson, dinosaur hockey fans fellate selves.

Per Hamilton

Inside sources have told me that Eichel has no desire to sign a contract extension this summer if Bylsma remains the coach, so quite a bit hinges on this meeting.

Bye Bye Dan

What did I tell you guys. Eichel is to the Sabres as LeBron is to the Cavs. You keep your superstar happy - if that means firing a coach so be it. :w00t: :w00t:

This!

I would fire GMTM and Bylsma and bring in Dean Lombardi who LA foolishly let go

no

What happened to "Eichel has no leverage, he can't go anywhere"?

He doesn't have leaving leverage, but there's other leverage he does have.

Here's the thing. If all this noise around the players' views of Byslma are accurate, how in the world does Murray escape with a job?

###### no
He doesn't have leaving leverage, but there's other leverage he does have.

Which is what, exactly? He'll suck next season on purpose? Throw a hissy fit? Unplug his controller a la Ovi?

What happened to "Eichel has no leverage, he can't go anywhere"?

We will still have his rights and wont' lose him for nothing for a long time, but he might ask for a bridge to his first UFA year or something which is not ideal. That is some form of leverage but he can't just leave right now, which is what most people meant when they said he doesn't have leverage.

Here's the thing. If all this noise around the players' views of Byslma are accurate, how in the world does Murray escape with a job?

Because Pegula hired Bylsma and will say "Fine, i admit i was wrong, go pick your guy"  :ph34r:

Which is what, exactly? He'll suck next season on purpose? Throw a hissy fit? Unplug his controller a la Ovi?

Play his own system, rally the room against the coach, hold out for arbitration to make his point. He could do lots of things.