Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Soooooooooo PHam is a confirmed blowhard at this point?

You know, about five years or so ago, I would have said that I trust him implicitly.  I don't any longer.  I can't think of specific things that he's gotten wrong, but I know there are enough of them.

He's not in Garrioch territory or anything, though.

You know, about five years or so ago, I would have said that I trust him implicitly.  I don't any longer.  I can't think of specific things that he's gotten wrong, but I know there are enough of them.

He's not in Garrioch territory or anything, though.

Wasn't he the "The Sabres are disappointed in Reinhart's progress" guy from three years ago, when that wasn't the case? Combined with the bizarre stuff about the O'Reilly practice during the stretch with 11 games in 19 days, his Reinhart focus is a bit off-putting even if ultimately Samson isn't what we need him to be. 

I mean it's a system. Much in the sense that the Flinstones had a vehicle.

This is a good line.

So the meeting is in Buffalo today, per media report. Interesting. Because Terry was up north yesterday for Dan Rooney's funeral?

What does it mean? Why the Queen City? (said in the voice of Jimminy Glick)

I don't think we've even seen Bylsma's system, despite him having 2 years to teach it to the players!!!

You guys hear what you want to hear, because you obviously didn't actual players call out other players for doing their own thing and not playing the system several times this year.

Bylsma sucks.

Edited by SmarmD

You guys hear what you want to hear, because you obviously didn't actual players call out other players for doing their own thing and not playing the system several times this year.

Bylsma sucks.

Again, when have you ever, in any sport, heard a player say the coach sucks or the system is bad? LeBron goes through a coach every year and he doesn't even say that

Bylsma sucks.

The coach not being able to get the players to buy into the system is not a point in his favor, which is another argument you've ignored all year.

Yaaaawwwwwwnnnn

The coach not being able to get the players to buy into the system is not a point in his favor, which is another argument you've ignored all year.

Yaaaawwwwwwnnnn

This is a good point (other than the smarmy yawn) and I have actually acknowledged it this year.

Bylsma sucks.

*Sticks my head in one more time

For the record I was and still am upset with the players, whoever they were, deciding to go rogue around the time of that Vancouver game. That doesn't mean everything we saw for 164 games was Bylsma desperately watching as his team did whatever it wanted and ignored everything he said, and it doesn't mean that every system analysis ever made is bunk and means nothing, and that you can;t draw any meaningful conclusions because of it. In fact, if that was the case, it would just mean that Bylsma is the most pathetic coach to ever grace the earth and that he'd need to be fired for being unable to have the locker room for even a single game.

I also don't like Murray, and the lack of effort down the stretch. I just add in a distaste for what Bylsma does, which Murray and the players also have, for good measure.

*ducks back out

*Sticks my head in one more time

For the record I was and still am upset with the players, whoever they were, deciding to go rogue around the time of that Vancouver game. That doesn't mean everything we saw for 164 games was Bylsma desperately watching as his team did whatever it wanted and ignored everything he said, and it doesn't mean that every system analysis ever made is bunk and means nothing, and that you can;t draw any meaningful conclusions because of it. In fact, if that was the case, it would just mean that Bylsma is the most pathetic coach to ever grace the earth and that he'd need to be fired for being unable to have the locker room for even a single game.

I also don't like Murray, and the lack of effort down the stretch. I just add in a distaste for what Bylsma does, which Murray and the players also have, for good measure.

*ducks back out

I totally agree with this. My problem is that it is just another interpretation of the numbers and not the end all be all truth and everyone who doesn't agree with it is either an idiot or contrarian.

Edited by SmarmD