Let the Fire Bylsma Watch begin

matter2003

Account is a pretty strong word for it. Some meat on the bone would have been nice from Hammy. When, according to the sources, did Eichel say it? To whom did he say it? What was the context of the conversation? Even if Hammy asked the sources those questions and they didn't know, you still report that. Otherwise it looks kind of shoddy.

The problem is, even if the sources knew, and told Hamilton...he probably couldn't say who Eichel told without revealing his source. Assuming this actually did happen, I'd imagine it's a pretty small group that actually knows it took place.

It's amazing how quickly the agent was able to hook Eichel up for an interview with the Snooze and how quickly and vehemently they take exception to the report.  Seems a bit over the top.

Observational equivalence is a real bitch in these situations. Whether Eichel expressed this sentiment to anyone or not, once the story broke, the agent was going to vehemently deny it either way.

So, GM asks Jack "What do you think of the coach?", "What do you think of the system?"

You want him to lie ?

He doesn't like coach or system, if said as much, so be it.

Look, if you don't want to here the answer, don't ask the question.  GMTM asked

Good post.

So, GM asks Jack "What do you think of the coach?", "What do you think of the system?"

You want him to lie ?

He doesn't like coach or system, if said as much, so be it.

Look, if you don't want to here the answer, don't ask the question.  GMTM asked

I don't have a problem with that. But if Jack said what was reported, that's a different story. That could be a player trying to use his leverage to get a coach fired. Of course, we know so little about where it was said, when, to whom etc., it's hard to characterize it too strongly. Did he say that to players in the lockerroom on cleanout day? Or did he say it to Murray?

It's amazing how quickly the agent was able to hook Eichel up for an interview with the Snooze and how quickly and vehemently they take exception to the report.  Seems a bit over the top.

My thoughts exactly. At first i thought they were protecting him from when the Sabres fire Bylsma all the attention wouldn't be on "Jack got DD fired".

I've been following this all day and i honestly don't know what to think. The initial report seems shady though. First of all, the part about Eichel not wanting to return was the biggest thing in his piece, but it wasn't in the title nor was it anywhere except the bottom of the article. Just seems odd to me to sit on a major story like that and just throw it out late in a article on the day Murray was meeting the Pegulas. Second, he has one year left on his deal and then we have his rights for next 4 years. I highly doubt Eichel will want to play in the KHL or the newly formed Chinese league, as the only leagues who are able to afford him.

He's kinda stuck here.

Meanwhile, are we owed anything from the team in terms of an update? I wouldn't expect much; a simple statement would be nice. "Tim Murray and the Pegulas met for x hours today at the arena in Buffalo. Talks are expected to continue and conclude on Thursday. " I mean, throw us some scraps here. Appreciate the fans for how much interest they are showing in the process. It just feels like there continues to be this disconnect between the team and its fans.

Why do I get this feeling Goober isn't going anywhere?

I have the same feeling, unfortunately.

I do wonder how will we find about he's staying? Through a media source? Will the team make a announcement? Seems kinda odd to make an announcement to say you're keeping a guy who has three years left on his deal, and even they keep him, i'm sure they would try to never let him know they discussed his departure.

Will we be sitting here on Friday night still just wondering... ?

I do wonder how will we find about he's staying? Through a media source? Will the team make a announcement? Seems kinda odd to make an announcement to say you're keeping a guy who has three years left on his deal, and even they keep him, i'm sure they would try to never let him know they discussed his departure.

My assumption is if we end up keeping him, we will indeed find out through a media leak.

Your point about 3 years remaining kind of sums it up. They don't have to make a statement if they decide he stays. Bidness as usual.

If we're still wondering on Friday, he'll be behind the bench on opening night. 

Sadly, probably correct.

Skipped the last home game this year for the 1st time in forever. Though I'll have the time to get to a bunch of games this coming season, If Bylsma is back, simply have no desire to go to more than 5 or 6. Absolutely hate the product they're going to be icing in that case.

IF Bylsma still has a job on Monday, Lombardi needs to be here by Tuesday. Let him pick the new guy.

Sadly, probably correct.

Skipped the last home game this year for the 1st time in forever. Though I'll have the time to get to a bunch of games this coming season, If Bylsma is back, simply have no desire to go to more than 5 or 6. Absolutely hate the product they're going to be icing in that case.

IF Bylsma still has a job on Monday, Lombardi needs to be here by Tuesday. Let him pick the new guy.

I hear ya. I don't want to sit through that again either. Luckily I don't have the option to go to a game and getting upset that I wasted my money. 

I'm with you, am willing to totally give Murray some more time. But that is based on the fact he is willing to do what it takes to move forward. 

Isn't part of the equation if not DB then who? Lindy? Is he any different than Disco Dan? Sadly I think we missed our chance with "Clode" Julien, although the second Montreal calls, he'd probably dump us at the alter.

Isn't part of the equation if not DB then who? Lindy? Is he any different than Disco Dan? Sadly I think we missed our chance with "Clode" Julien, although the second Montreal calls, he'd probably dump us at the alter.

That's the thing. If not Bylsma, then who? I also don't think Ruff would be a good idea, although, i wonder if he gets passed up by the remaining teams, if Pegulas would bring him in as in a advisor role? That's for another time though.

The guy i have wanted is Sheldon Keefe. But, if Murray is granted permission to hire another coach, i highly doubt he would be willing to put his name down for a guy with no experience. So, i'm always felt if they did pull the trigger, it would likely be someone with previous coaching experience.

Although, the links to David Quinn are intriguing, so who knows.

I don't know. But I'm also not a GM with connections, employees with connections, and knowledge of all people hockey related. I wanted Spuddy Gallant, but that chance passed. I wasn't sold on Claudia. Boston wasn't tearing it up with him at the end, and the Habs aren't necessarily setting the world on fire. 

This is where a GM earns his money (if the owner lets him do his job). He's had a free ride up to this point because there was no pressure to win before this season. Now it's time to make his mark. He can either stay with status slow, or he can right the ship. If he keeps Goober and nothing changes next year, he might be the one out of a job. 

That's agents. If bylsma is gone it's not on Eichel.

Meanwhile, are we owed anything from the team in terms of an update? I wouldn't expect much; a simple statement would be nice. "Tim Murray and the Pegulas met for x hours today at the arena in Buffalo. Talks are expected to continue and conclude on Thursday. " I mean, throw us some scraps here. Appreciate the fans for how much interest they are showing in the process. It just feels like there continues to be this disconnect between the team and its fans.

Maybe they've told you already. It's the end of the season meetings as they always do. It's the media and fans who have added the element of suspense that makes us feel like we should expect something.