GDT: Buffalo at Boston, 7:00 PM ET, 11/07/2017

Doohickie

People from other cities might not understand this. Or they may think it's some kind of joke. Those of us from Buffalo know this statement is serious as a heart attack.

Is off-day practice and morning skate info (lines, etc.) available online anywhere? I used to find them on the Sabres site but either they've moved them to some obscure spot or they've gotten lazy about posting the stuff up. (Or is it on teh twitter these days?)

They are still on the Sabres site. They've grouped together all articles under the first link, just click on that and scroll down, likely expanding the links by clicking on view more. As far as am skate goes, twitter has it. Just Google #sabres, and someone in that link will have posted the am skate

I've been crazy busy lately with some new stuff, so thanks for doing these, they are well done

Edited by WildCard

In Buffalo, we are one. We are One Buffalo. One Buffalo, one game day. I guess.

Really hate it when this happens. Cost's a full drinking day and is tough condensing two into One night.

And I have my own game tonight so I not only miss one game but 2.

Well it's on the road, which seems to be the only place we win (when I'm not in attendance) so there is that.

I need to set up a second TV in my living room so I can more easily flip between this and the Bills game. Then again I should be able to get through almost 2 periods before that starts, and with all the commercials and half time, I could probably finish this game and catch up on the Bills game by the 3rd quarter.

I'd like to see them come out with a stronger start than they did in Ottawa. We can't rely on goal tending to keep us in every game like that.

A buddy of mine is a Bruins fan (I try not to hold that against him) and he laments some of the players they have lost the last two seasons, and feels that their defense is especially weak. Chara is getting old and slow (his words) and they don't have enough talent to make up for that at the moment.

So I hope he's right about that and we can capitalize.

As a note, if you have a Verizon phone, the NFL Mobile app lets you stream the game (over wifi); that's my plan, Sabres on TV, Bills on the phone, working on the laptop all the while. Note that I've tried piping the video from my phone to a TV a few different ways and that doesn't seem to work; the only one I haven't tried is using an HDMI cable because I don't have one.

Thanks for the tip, but I'm on at&t. Luckily I have a 32inch HD tv in my bedroom that's really easy to move. I just need to put an extra splitter in there.

I do have Verizon FIOS though, and I was happy to see their Center Ice has the Buffalo/MSG-B coverage (they have both from the looks of it). If I had to listen to that blowhard Jack Edwards, I'd go crazy.

Edited by SabresBaltimore

Well it's on the road, which seems to be the only place we win (when I'm not in attendance) so there is that.

I need to set up a second TV in my living room so I can more easily flip between this and the Bills game. Then again I should be able to get through almost 2 periods before that starts, and with all the commercials and half time, I could probably finish this game and catch up on the Bills game by the 3rd quarter.

I'd like to see them come out with a stronger start than they did in Ottawa. We can't rely on goal tending to keep us in every game like that.

A buddy of mine is a Bruins fan (I try not to hold that against him) and he laments some of the players they have lost the last two seasons, and feels that their defense is especially weak. Chara is getting old and slow (his words) and they don't have enough talent to make up for that at the moment.

So I hope he's right about that and we can capitalize.

I'm actually going to this game. And right after I cross Causeway St. to The Harp, the official Boston Bills Backers bar, and watch the rest of the Bills game.

I'm actually going to this game. And right after I cross Causeway St. to The Harp, the official Boston Bills Backers bar, and watch the rest of the Bills game.

Hopefully that'll be a fun night, and if not, at least you'll be at a bar...

------------------

Oh and about the coverage, any know if Dunleavy is doing the call again? I like him fine, but he's no RJ. Also, it sounded like Ray was out "for a game" so I presume he's back tonight. I hope Biron stays on anyways..

Hopefully that'll be a fun night, and if not, at least you'll be at a bar...

------------------

Oh and about the coverage, any know if Dunleavy is doing the call again? I like him fine, but he's no RJ. Also, it sounded like Ray was out "for a game" so I presume he's back tonight. I hope Biron stays on anyways..

The cheap NHL game tickets plague even spread to Boston.

Let's go Sabres! Interesting that the records are pretty similar and both teams are playing relatively well yet the Bruins are huge favorites on the money line.

People can't believe the Sabres can win without Eichel.  Okay fine.  Show them otherwise, guys.

People from other cities might not understand this. Or they may think it's some kind of joke. Those of us from Buffalo know this statement is serious as a heart attack.

Is off-day practice and morning skate info (lines, etc.) available online anywhere? I used to find them on the Sabres site but either they've moved them to some obscure spot or they've gotten lazy about posting the stuff up. (Or is it on teh twitter these days?)

Ya, as WC pointed out, generally you can find line info in the news articles posted on the site, near the bottom of the articles. Here is the article from today that has the lines:

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-run-against-division-foes-continues-in-boston/c-283507654

Same lineup as the one you posted, except the Larsson line is line 2, and the third line has Sam on RW, Girgs at centre and Ennis at LW.

Edited by Thorny

Ya, as WC pointed out, generally you can find line info in the news articles posted on the site, near the bottom of the articles. Here is the article from today that has the lines:https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-run-against-division-foes-continues-in-boston/c-283507654

Same lineup as the one you posted, except the Larsson line is line 2, and the third line has Sam on RW, Girgs at centre and Ennis at LW.

Which is where they've been playing for the last week & a half (at least).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.