Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

When a point shot is deflected for a goal, does the player tipping it get credit for the SOG as well as the goal? Or does the SOG go to point man?

The guy who touched it last gets credit for the goal and SOG... because without the tip there's no telling if the shot would have actually been on net.  

You know, one could write a lot of parallels between Ilitch and Pegula: the fandom, the investment in the city, the multiple-sport ownership, the sad state of the franchise in the early years, the willingness to spend, the early mistakes, the desire to brand the organization as a destination, the wife-as-business-partner...

(If anything can bring PA back from his sabbatical, this should)

By the way, I think Ilitch got his franchise player in '83, the year after he bought the team, stayed lousy until '88 and mediocre until '92 and didn't win his first cup until '97.

He did, however, win multiple cups.

Edited by dudacek

You know, one could write a lot of parallels between Ilitch and Pegula: the fandom, the investment in the city, the multiple-sport ownership, the sad state of the franchise in the early years, the willingness to spend, the early mistakes, the desire to brand the organization as a destination, the wife-as-business-partner...

By the way, I think Ilitch got his franchise player in '83, the year after he bought the team, stayed lousy until '88 and mediocre until '92 and didn't win his first cup until '97.

I.... :blink: ..... but.... :o ... I have no response, I must think on this.

This is such a quality piece of history and perspective.  It brings hope while I hope it happens a bit sooner, I can bide my time.  I'm 52, I have a few years left on this earth.  I can last til 60 to see a Cup come to Buffalo.

Probably the most under hyped player in the league.

He is the player I thought we were drafting in Sam Reinhart.

Reinhart may not be flashy and his speed is concerning, but he seems to be finding chemistry on Jack's wing. Personally, I think we can do better for Jack speed wise down the road, say in 4 or 5 years.

That's when I'd look to give Sam his own line. His size also somewhat concerns me, for now. But he looks to be developing into a premier play making forward/center. Never a bad thing if you are looking to roll 3 pure scoring lines.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.