Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

I'm not sure. I always thought of him as the best wrist and snap shot of all time. Need to see what Laine looks like over the next few years. But it's absolutely absurd how well he shoots. He can set up for 5 full seconds from the top of the circle on an unscreened goalie and still beat him with the shot easily.

He got another one last night that he knocked down at about 2 feet above the ice and beat Hutton for his 16th of the year to tie him with Sid for most goals and tied for 10th for overall points. If I am not mistaken, he has 13 goals in 13 home games.

He has a great shot that gets off of his stick VERY fast. He uses his reach to his advantage and is strong on his skates. What people don't realize is how good a passer he is. The pucks arrive flat and on the ice and on the tape. Is he a better shot than Sakic? I think he has more elite shots than Sakic. Sakic was known for his snap/wrist where Laine has that and a slapper that is scary and he is very accurate with all. If he has a career anything resembling Sakic's, I don't think anyone would complain.

Kyle Connor is having a rough time of adapting to the big man's game but most the other young Jets are doing very well. Management has some tough decisions when everyone is healthy. Myers has only played 11 games and I actually thought he played really well the last few games before being injured.

I don't think we'll make the playoffs but we might've if we had stayed more healthy. We're not winning the cup this year but it would have been nice to give players the experience.

Mr. Ducky, I say this as a long ago Nords fan..If you've got yourselves a Sakic, then God bless you guys. I doubt you do but I'm wrong at least once every day. The timing doesn't work out right but how ironic if QC could draft your Sakic!

Man, If you are a goalie and the leafs come calling, tell your agent to hang up immediately or RUN.....

That place is where goalies go to die

Right now it sounds like they make a move tomorrow to sign Ramos who they have had in to practice with them for a few weeks, or they call up the Marlie's goalie to backup, or they rescind Sparks suspension for goiing off on someone on Facebook....

Man, If you are a goalie and the leafs come calling, tell your agent to hang up immediately or RUN.....

Right now it sounds like they make a move tomorrow to sign Ramos who they have had in to practice with them for a few weeks, or they call up the Marlie's goalie to backup, or they rescind Sparks suspension for goiing off on someone on Facebook....

I think goal tending coach might be one of the most underrated parts of Hockey today.

They rescinded the suspension on Saturday.

It was reported, but the cause of death was explicitly not included, citing a desire for family privacy.

Thanks for blowing the lid off it, you insensitive clod.

(not that his family will read this thread....)

It's being widely reported that drugs and/or alcohol were the cause of death.

It was reported, but the cause of death was explicitly not included, citing a desire for family privacy.

Thanks for blowing the lid off it, you insensitive clod.

(not that his family will read this thread....)

Its all over the news nimrod, If I can pick it up from Europe than its pretty wide spread already don't you think ?

Its all over the news nimrod, If I can pick it up from Europe than its pretty wide spread already don't you think ?

Sorry, I should have used comic sans.

I hadn't actually seen it yet until you posted, and I was kind of curious what the cause death was when the news originally broke.

Sorry, I should have used comic sans.

I hadn't actually seen it yet until you posted, and I was kind of curious what the cause death was when the news originally broke.

I'm now more wondering, that seeing he did have a concussion history that this might have led to the abuse or not.

Actually, that's why I'm glad it *was* reported.  I think Sports Inc. needs to do a better job of caring for the athletes, both during and after their playing days.  It's only by airing the dirty laundry of tragedies like this that the spotlight will shine on the problem.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.