Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

...and...

Does that mean a pick that has to be in the lottery or one that isn't?

Does anyone still think this team is making the playoffs?

And some lower prospect. Lottery protected means you get the pick unless we win the lottery.

And yes, I think we make it. Especially with that move

I'd imagine he meant lottery-win protected. So top-3.

I've always heard it called just lottery protected, but yes that is what I meant. A more accurate description for sure

WC, you think we're making the playoffs? We're among the worst even strength teams of all time right now. We need a 6-8 game winning streak to get back into the thick of things. That's 6-8 games of going 2 or 3 for 5 on the power play to be in the conversation. As good as this power play can be, do you really think they can go on a 20 for 42 stretch, or something like that? There is no indication that we will be changing anything at ES, our forwards are all back now. 

This team is going to continue to struggle winning more than 1 in 3 games for the foreseeable future.

Bwahahaha that's amazing. You can see him choke up on the stick like he's expecting to be stick lifted and that's why he scores :lol:

Yep.  He had a lot more time and space than he realized.  If you watch the clip all the way to the end, you do see one of his teammates come by and give him a hug.  I know hockey's a manly sport and hugs on the bench aren't the norm, but in that case, what else can ya do?

Darnelle Nurse will be out until March after having ankle surgery. 

#Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli announces Darnell Nurse underwent surgery to repair ankle ligament & bone damage. He will miss up to 12 weeks

Edited by LGR4GM

Darnelle Nurse will be out until March after having ankle surgery.

Edmonton OilersVerified account@EdmontonOilers 24m24 minutes ago

#Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli announces Darnell Nurse underwent surgery to repair ankle ligament & bone damage. He will miss up to 12 weeks

It was reasonable at the time so this isn't really a criticism, but God bless whoever in Edmonton decided Nurse was a better selection than Risto.

It was reasonable at the time so this isn't really a criticism, but God bless whoever in Edmonton decided Nurse was a better selection than Risto.

it was a bad idea the time and just keeps getting worse. Nurse fell outside the magnificent 7 and yet Edmonton still went for him. 

If you're not watching Habs/Bruins on NHL Network, you're missing just about the best scoreless game you can hope for.  In one sequence, the Bruins rattled one off the pipe, the puck popped out hard and the Habs turned it into a perfectly executed 2-on-1 the other day with a great shot on goal and a greater save by Rask.

Yeah, I hate both teams but I enjoyed watching the game.  I long for the days when the Sabres are actually playing for something.

Brian F***ing Flynn laid a solid body check on Tuukka Rask when he was out handling the puck in OT.  And the Bruins.  Did.  Nothing.  It was awesome.

Yeah, I hate both teams but I enjoyed watching the game.  I long for the days when the Sabres are actually playing for something.

Brian F***ing Flynn laid a solid body check on Tuukka Rask when he was out handling the puck in OT.  And the Bruins.  Did.  Nothing.  It was awesome.

I can't believe Flynn isn't in the minors. I thought he was only in the NHL because we were tanking.

Millers checked out. He's done. Kaput. Finito. This is the end. A punchline. Washed up. out to pasture. Wears granny panties. 

Its kind of funny that he didn't want to go through a rebuild ( i don't blame him ) but now he plays for a team that can't decide if they want to rebuild or go for it. Caught between a rock and a hard place.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.