Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Haven't seen it mentioned, but the Islanders signed Cal Clutterbuck to an insane 5 year contract at $3.5M per. On the one hand, between this and Ladd, it's good to see incompetent Garth Snow has returned. On the other hand, it's contracts like this that make me think keeping Foligno is going to be too costly to happen.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but the Islanders signed Cal Clutterbuck to an insane 5 year contract at $3.5M per. On the one hand, between this and Ladd, it's good to see incompetent Garth Snow has returned. On the other hand, it's contracts like this that make me think keeping Foligno is going to be too costly to happen.

Wow. That's terrible.

Last night, Draisaitl scored again. The Minnesota announcers called it as McDavid came down the wing, created loads of space because of his presence, put the puck right on Draisaitl's tape in traffic where he could slam it home. They mentioned how putting Draisaitl on McDavid's line makes him that much better.

The player that made the play to enter the zone and set up Draisaitl was Pouliot, number 67. It was pretty funny.

Last night, Draisaitl scored again. The Minnesota announcers called it as McDavid came down the wing, created loads of space because of his presence, put the puck right on Draisaitl's tape in traffic where he could slam it home. They mentioned how putting Draisaitl on McDavid's line makes him that much better.

The player that made the play to enter the zone and set up Draisaitl was Pouliot, number 67. It was pretty funny.

Is there a problem with the Edmonton uniform design? Rick had Nugent-Hopkins and not McDavid on the breakaway the other night.

Is there a problem with the Edmonton uniform design? Rick had Nugent-Hopkins and not McDavid on the breakaway the other night.

Maybe. All three of those players tuck their jerseys to some degree, if I remember correctly. That might be the root of the problem. I was at the game, and I thought it was Nuge until he accelerated. Nuge and McDavid have similar posture, so that and the jersey tuck is probably what got Rick. 

The Minnesota guy must have been fooled by the 7, because Pouliot looks absolutely nothing like McDavid otherwise. 

Maybe the Canucks will trade Miller to Dallas for the stretch run, Lindy loves Miller.

That three headed monster would be such a cap laugh.  Though miller is only signed through this season.

Think Peter Holland is going to ARIZ for a conditional draft pick

I never really understood the hate on Holland.  I don't think he's particularly special, but he's not a terrible bottom six forward.  Unless I need to watch more Leaf games (Which isn't happening.)!

Seriously? You've heard his best & unfortunately Rick is entering his Van Miller "Kelly back to pass, throws deep, Reed w/ the TD catch, no Lott w/ the INT, no, Beebe w/ the catch on the 7. 1st down Buffalo."

Habs up 9-1 after two periods, with only one power play goal. Nobody on the team is more than +2. 

Just my personal view here, but the way the sabres and the stars are playing, and the way the teams are made up.

A coach trade might work out for both :P

LOL!!! I can just see Goober trying to win games 2-1 with the disaster Dallas has in net. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I could really use MacKinnon to get me some garbage time fantasy points...

Well, he does have an assist.  :rolleyes:

Correction, there are Habs players with more than a +2. I made the mistake of using ESPN and they didn't bother to update the box score after the first period. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.