Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

Friedman believes the door is closed for Dubas and the Avs

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/friedman-believe-window-closed-avalanche-dubas/

I honestly don't know why anybody wants that job, much less Dubas whose stock is really high and could most likely get an offer from a team that hasn't been set on fire and driven off a cliff by Joe Sakic yet. 

Is Dubas' stock high or does sabrespace just like his power point presentation?

His own team picked someone else to groom for their gm job, no?

Toronto was willing to let him talk to the Avs at first, but than retracted it. Also, in the GM thread I linked an article discussing the hire of Dubas

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/who-is-this-guy-the-lowdown-on-leafs-assistant-dubas/

This is from 2014, when Dubas was first hired

Brendan Shanahan says he "polled the hockey world" to find out who the great up-and-coming minds are in hockey. Led him to Kyle Dubas

Edited by WildCard

Toronto was willing to let him talk to the Avs at first, but than retracted it. Also, in the GM thread I linked an article discussing the hire of Dubas

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/who-is-this-guy-the-lowdown-on-leafs-assistant-dubas/

This is from 2014, when Dubas was first hired

To fill an AGM role 3 years ago. I just am not convinced Kyle is close to ready to run an NHL team at an elite level.

Glad we got the guy we did.

To fill an AGM role 3 years ago. I just am not convinced Kyle is close to ready to run an NHL team at an elite level.

Glad we got the guy we did.

Well yeah, but your question was if it was our infatuation or if he really is that well regarded. 3 years ago he got that praise, and the Marlies and Leafs have only gotten much better, very quickly. I think it's fair to say that, although he may not be ready now, which was a concern some of us in the Dubas camp voiced, he is the real deal

Completely garbage, but I thought this was funny

@InsideSabres

#Sabres Botterill has been busy, in talks with #Stars discussing a swap of superstar centers in Jamie Benn for Ryan O'Reilly

The best part about this is the fool thinks Benn is a center. If you're gonna be a fake insider, at least know the players!

No, no, no...

The Leafs are on an exponential curve - the best front office, perfectly in sync, three rookies who are among the league's 20 best players already and will continue to get better every year, one of the best talent pipelines in the world, where 2nd-round picks are moulded into all-stars by the best development coaches in the world, a brilliant analytics department that sees things no one else sees and uses that info to acquire players and implement strategy, a coach that is the lord Jesus himself, AND an opportunity to play in the best city in the universe.

Just mail them the cup now.

Edited by dudacek

No, no, no...

The Leafs are on an exponential curve - the best front office, perfectly in sync, three rookies who are among the league's 20 best players already and will continue to get better every year, one of the best talent pipelines in the world, where 2nd-round picks are moulded into all-stars by the best development coaches in the world, a brilliant analytics department that sees things no one else sees and uses that info to acquire players and implement strategy, a coach that is the lord Jesus himself, AND an opportunity to play in the best city in the universe.

Just mail them the cup now.

Youre really setting yourself up to be a sad person dudacek, I hate to say it

No that happened when I was seven years old watching the Stanley Cup semi-finals with my cool teenage uncles who were voting for this cool blue and gold expansion team to beat the hated Canadiens...????

Edited by dudacek

I think sometimes people forgot how hard it is to win the cup. It's just as likely the Leafs do not with the cup with their current core, as it is that they do. Maybe more so.

With talent comes expectations. Not winning the cup will still be a fail, each year they don't do it.

I'm not worrying - I'm understanding the objective reality of the situation that I spent the past two years trying to look at with B&G glasses on. I was already burned/embarrassed by that, so the worst part is over.

There is no "objective reality" that says the Leafs are going to assuredly win the cup. They may never: therefore, to my mind you are worrying about something that may never happen, at least not anytime soon. Do you think Caps fans are satisfied with just being good?

Who cares if the Leafs get good, shouldn't make you feel bad. If they win the cup, ya, that sucks. But why not cross that bridge when we get to it, IF ever.

They aren't some glorious franchise to at once be admired and make us feel bad. dudacek has it.

The more I read about them and see them the worse I feel.

So dudacek is setting himself up to potentially feel bad. And you are just skipping right through to the "feel worse" part. ;)

Edited by Thorny

There is no statistical data that says the Leafs are going to assuredly win the cup. They may never: therefore, to my mind you are worrying about something that may never happen, at least not anytime soon. Do you think Caps fans are satisfied with just being good?

Who cares if the Leafs get good, shouldn't make you feel bad. If they win the cup, ya, that sucks. But why not cross that bridge when we get to it, IF ever.

They aren't some glorious franchise to at once be admired and make us feel bad. dudacek has it.

So dudacek is setting himself up to potentially feel bad. And you are just skipping right through to the "feel worse" part. ;)

Damn, it's a shame that I claimed that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.