Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

The Capitals have scored at least 5 goals in each of their last 9 home games. They're dominating like an elite team thirty years ago.

In their last 8 home games, they've outscored opponents 42-6. 5 shutouts in last 10 home games, and they have 10 shutouts in 54 games this year.

Edited by Randall Flagg

The Capitals have scored at least 5 goals in each of their last 9 home games. They're dominating like an elite team thirty years ago.

In their last 8 home games, they've outscored opponents 42-6. And they have 10 shutouts in 54 games this year.

And they'll still lose in the first round :P

Actually if the season ended today, I think they'd get Philly again. A rematch of last year's 4-2 series. It is said every year, but it's hard to bet against these Caps.

I could live with another Pens-Caps playoff series, that's for sure.

And they'll still lose in the first round :P

Actually if the season ended today, I think they'd get Philly again. A rematch of last year's 4-2 series. It is said every year, but it's hard to bet against these Caps.

I could live with another Pens-Caps playoff series, that's for sure.

It just sucks for them, because again the Pens look unstoppable. And I take Crosby-Malkin-Kessel over any forward trio in a playoff run. 

Washington is cup-worthy and was last year too but Ovie might miss out again because of that team in Pittsburgh.

It just sucks for them, because again the Pens look unstoppable. And I take Crosby-Malkin-Kessel over any forward trio in a playoff run.

Washington is cup-worthy and was last year too but Ovie might miss out again because of that team in Pittsburgh.

I think they can finally top them. I mean, it's gotta happen eventually, right? Whichever team is the hottest going in wins it IMO

Matthews passes Eichel's rookie year goal total.

Not surprising really.

Toronto has young talent further along in their maturity process at the pro level.

Half of Buffalo's roster is filled with under achievers, allowing opponents to effectively shut down Eichel's skill sets while he is hamstrung by coach Bylsma's conservative offensive strategy. Just my opinion.

Not surprising really.

Toronto has young talent further along in their maturity process at the pro level.

Half of Buffalo's roster is filled with under achievers, allowing opponents to effectively shut down Eichel's skill sets while he is hamstrung by coach Bylsma's conservative offensive strategy. Just my opinion.

The only underachievers I can think of are Girgensons and Ennis. Who am I missing?

The only underachievers I can think of are Girgensons and Ennis. Who am I missing?

Eichel? He is on track for 64 points (in a full season). We hoped to get a star who would put Buffalo on his back and carry us to the promised lands. In reality he seems in the tier of very good rather than elite.

ROR is on track for 63 and is way better defensively and has more 'intangibles'

Edited by ThirtyEight

Eichel? He is on track for 64 points (in a full season). We hoped to get a star who would put Buffalo on his back and carry us to the promised lands. In reality he seems in the tier of very good rather than elite.

I'm confident Eichel will get there.  I don't think he realizes yet just how dominate he can be given his natural abilities.     We see glimpses of it, but not consistently shift by shift.

Again, Byslma

Every guy on this team outside of Kane is having a crap year offensively. Combine that with our 5v5 stats and we really wanna judge Eichel? It's our coach, it's beyond evident

I'm probably the biggest proponent of using statistics in player evaluation on this forum, and I fundamentally do not understand how you can watch Eichel play and come away thinking he's merely very good. He has his flaws, but he's a dynamo with the puck on his stick, which is most of the time.

And FWIW, raw points are the only measure where he would fall short of the elite category. Shot generation, primary points percentage, carry-in percentage...all elite. Get him a coach that plays a more open style at even strength and watch those raw goal/assist totals jump.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.