Around the NHL 2016-2017

spndnchz

One was an empty net goal.

He played well tonight but hasn't been playing well lately at all.

His D game really, really needs work.

He was demoted to the 4th line a few games ago for 2 periods and I thought most fans were going to have a fit.

This is the first game in the last 16 that we let in fewer than 3 goals.

Edited by Ducky

A new players tribune story, and it's a hard one. Reduced me to a quivering pile of jelly by the end, as I can relate all too well to his story/actions.

But it's good to see that he names Mogilny as one of the people who looked out for him.

Corey Hirsch- goalie. 

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/corey-hirsch-dark-dark-dark/

A new players tribune story, and it's a hard one. Reduced me to a quivering pile of jelly by the end, as I can relate all too well to his story/actions.

But it's good to see that he names Mogilny as one of the people who looked out for him.

Corey Hirsch- goalie. 

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/corey-hirsch-dark-dark-dark/

Read that earlier today. Very tough read.

But ultimately inspiring.

Daly Interview:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/las-vegas-fighting-and-the-future-of-the-nhl-takeaways-from-bill-dalys-remarks/

"I think Las Vegas, it's a unique market. That's what makes it a unique franchise. And we felt what was important in Las Vegas was to make a showing, or demonstrate, that they would have strong local support from the local residents."

"(In) any event, I think certainly [that] the role of fighting has greatly diminished, and thus trending in the right direction ... And the fact of the matter is, all of our clubs employ very, very talented players. So they don't really have room on their rosters for players who are single-dimensional in terms of fighting."

"That imbalance probably is a bigger problem for us than having 31 teams versus 30 teams. We have gradually taken a step toward at least improving that imbalance by having 15 teams in the West [with Las Vegas] and 16 teams in the East. But quite frankly, I think one of the factors why we didn't grant Quebec City an expansion franchise was that geographic imbalance."

Edited by WildCard

One was an empty net goal.

He played well tonight but hasn't been playing well lately at all.

His D game really, really needs work.

He was demoted to the 4th line a few games ago for 2 periods and I thought most fans were going to have a fit.

This is the first game in the last 16 that we let in fewer than 3 goals.

the kids a rookie with three hat tricks and 26 goals already who can snipe any goalie in the league. He's good , i'm not worried about his defense right now.

But quite frankly, I think one of the factors why we didn't grant Quebec City an expansion franchise was that geographic imbalance."

They did this when they moved Detroit to the Eastern Conference.  It created the imbalance.  I can see reasons why they did it- Detroit is, after all, in the western end of the Eastern time zone, but there are other consequences associated with that move- it broke up an Original Six rivalry with the Blackhawks as well as a burgeoning rivalry with Nashville.

They did this when they moved Detroit to the Eastern Conference. It created the imbalance. I can see reasons why they did it- Detroit is, after all, in the western end of the Eastern time zone, but there are other consequences associated with that move- it broke up an Original Six rivalry with the Blackhawks as well as a burgeoning rivalry with Nashville.

They should go with 3 conferences instead of two, and have a great lakes type division with CHI, BUF, DET, TOR, MTL, CLS and maybe MIN or PIT. Name the 3 conferences Gretzky, Howe, and Orr.

They should go with 3 conferences instead of two, and have a great lakes type division with CHI, BUF, DET, TOR, MTL, CLS and maybe MIN or PIT. Name the 3 conferences Gretzky, Howe, and Orr.

Even with Min AND Pit you're two teams short.

As for playoffs, I'm not too worried.  They even did a straight 1-16 bracket a couple of times.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.