Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

Forget the Sabrespace game meetup, let's have a Sabrespace bridge jump. Except the optimists, F them!

Is the Peace Bridge high enough?  Maybe  a dive from the Arena rafters would be more impactful and dramatic

Jeebus Crispers I'm sorry. 

There's more titillating user icons on this message board I wouldn't want being seen on my work station than a stupid comic with a rude word. 

Removed for decency. 

Edited by Josie914

OK I am over the shock and can live with it.  Every team faces adversity during a season and we are getting a Dareus sized chunk right from the get go. As others have pointed out,  this is an opportunity for some. As long is it is not a career threatening or altering injury, we're good.  Cup was a long shot this year so now we see what else we have in this organization as the season progresses.  Go Sabres!

Is this where one comes for group therapy? I'm literally devastated. The events that led up to this for me are so surreal. Someone texted me asking what's going on with all the Sabres injuries? I thought he meant O'Reilly, Okposo, Kulikov, Bogosian, etc. The next notification on my phone was a twitter friend who messaged me, "Eichel is down." My heart dropped through my arse.  :cry: 

Really frustrated about the Bills fans comparing this to Shaq Lawson, Reggie Ragland and Sammy Watkins...they were never expected to carry their team and be the superstar. (Maybe Sammy, to an extent.)

My only hope is that this does not effect his future...McDavid hurt his collarbone, hardly an issue, I've done that and it never made a difference in me playing football or hockey when it happened. But, an ankle...for an explosive hockey player? That worries me. This is probably the worst possible news we could get the day before the season opener. It's just downright heartbreaking stuff.

Someone talk me off the ledge...because I truly don't think this team can withstand this kind of loss.

Edited by Dank Dangleson