Sabres sign RW Kyle Okposo for 7 years, $42 mill

Hoss

All right, nay sayers.  Where are you?  Buffalo just signed the top free agent of the year and did it at a reasonable AAV,

Yeah I don't get all the negative nancy's , Anything over 6 mill would have been hard to swallow.

But our GM signed him at the right price.

Dude -- you do understand that there is a salary cap, yes?  And that every dollar that is spent on player X is a dollar that is not available to be spent on player Y?

yes, I understand....but I don't understand why it seems it's the main concern on here when we should be excited about getting a really good player....many comments are , it's a tradeable contract....may be bad in years 6-7........I'm not concerned about player Y if we signed player X

It has been said Moulson played a big part in this as Okposo and him are very close. Maybe this reinvigorates Moulson somehow.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*ahem*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *cough cough*

not gonna happen

Here are some non-fancy stats:

- 6'0", 217.

- Age 28 -- turns 29 next April

- Averaged over 22 min per game in ice time in 11 playoff games this year, in which he scored 2-6-8 (including 4 PP pts and a SHG), with 44 SOG.

- In the last 4 non-lockout seasons, he had 24, 27, 18 (in 60 games) and 22 goals.

- Last year, in the regular season, he had 22-42-64, with 202 SOG, in just over 18 min per game.

That is a legit top-6 winger.

Sabres bring in the #1 free agent, a guy who literally would have been the team's top scorer last year, a guy in the prime of his career, and some people are like meh.

lololol.  He outscored our entire team last year.  I know we all have battered wives syndrome a bit here, but come on, let yourself be happy to a few minutes.  You deserve it.

Sabres bring in the #1 free agent, a guy who literally would have been the team's top scorer last year, a guy in the prime of his career, and some people are like meh.

lololol.  He outscored our entire team last year.  I know we all have battered wives syndrome a bit here, but come on, let yourself be happy to a few minutes.  You deserve it.

I love auspicious first posts like this.

He definitely fits more than Lucic who is not fast enough.

Lucic is a thug. His style is best served out west. I can't imagine being an Oiler's fan. Yeah they get lucky with high draft picks but the people running the organization are just stupid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.