Sabres sign RW Kyle Okposo for 7 years, $42 mill

Hoss

I'm not entirely meh, and certainly not for the reason you stated.

But how is Okposo away from Tavares?

According to the panel JT only assisted on 4 of Kyles goals. And not many of Kyle's assists were on JT's goals either. OKposo said he played mostly with Neilson

That's a quote?

Direct answer to the first question he was asked.

they were gonna go after Stamkos, why not Tavares? Keep him away from Toronto and the Sabres can throw Bandits promotions out during the season

U don't have to convince me. I'd do it in a second as long as it doesn't affect Sam n Jacks contracts.

Isn't Tavares a coach now for the Bandits? I met him once, nice guy.

Not sure, he loves Buffalo though.

Couple more tidbits on KO:

- His career started in the USHL -- same league as Zemgus

- After 1 year in the USHL, in which he put up 58 pts in 50 games, he was drafted #7 overall. 

- He then went to the U. of Minnesota for 2 years.  He had a big scoring year as a freshman, with 19-21-40 in 40 games.  It looks like he was injured and missed half the season during his 2nd year. 

- He then turned pro.  In his first pro season, he may have been recovering from the prior year's putative injury, as it looks like he only played half the season -- mostly in the AHL. 

- After that season, he was full-time in the NHL, with 18 goals in his first season and 19 in his 2nd.

It looks like he was injured and missed half the season during his 2nd year.

- He then turned pro. In his first pro season, he may have been recovering from the prior year's putative injury, as it looks like he only played half the season -- mostly in the AHL.

- After that season, he was full-time in the NHL, with 18 goals in his first season and 19 in his 2nd.

He wasn't injured with the Gophers. He and the Islanders weren't happy with the coaching he was getting and KO left the program in-season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.