Sabres Prospects 2016-17

Hoss

His problem last year wasn't talent, it was being stuck behind Marner, Dvorack, Jones, Tkachuk, plus some vets. This year he is the no. 1 center in London and has 10 pts in 6 games.

Interesting. He projects as a winger at the NHL level though, right?

Nylander had a goal and an assist in a loss today.

I wish Rochester would get it together and start winning, would rather instill that in our kids.

Well, they did get the first one.

He is a pretty big boy. He is already 6'2 190+. He played RW last year be caused they had so many great forwards. This year he is their top center and centering Max Jones which should lead to a really good year. I'd say he is another utility player and given our need at center in the pipeline, I think he projects at center for now.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

He is a pretty big boy. He is already 6'2 190+. He played RW last year be caused they had so many great forwards. This year he is their top center and centering Max Jones which should lead to a really good year. I'd say he is another utility player and given our need at center in the pipeline, I think he projects at center for now.

He projects out as a power winger. There is not a need for center in the pipeline. There is a need for skill and talent. We need defense more than anything.

He projects out as a power winger. There is not a need for center in the pipeline. There is a need for skill and talent. We need defense more than anything.

You're right about Pu projecting out to the wing, but the bold isn't right. There's ALWAYS a need for centers in the pipeline. I don't care if you've got McDavid, Eichel, Reinhart AND Matthews as your four centers.

Asplund is the one top prospect we have the projects out to a center right now, though.

And having centers in the pipeline is always good. They can play center when needed and fill winger spots if you've already got talent up the middle.

You're right about Pu projecting out to the wing, but the bold isn't right. There's ALWAYS a need for centers in the pipeline. I don't care if you've got McDavid, Eichel, Reinhart AND Matthews as your four centers.

Asplund is the one top prospect we have the projects out to a center right now, though.

And having centers in the pipeline is always good. They can play center when needed and fill winger spots if you've already got talent up the middle.

And everyone seems to be looking for centres so if you have em you're in the drivers seat.

I think it's right to say he projects as a winger then. Barring some sort of disaster; Reinhart, Eichel, and O'Reilly, are going to be here long term.

He's showed the skill and ability. Seemed like it was always about size for him which is all there now. Hopefully he'll get some pro games in him at the end of this season, then I think it'll be time for him to replace Gorges in our lineup.

• 4 weeks later...

Please can I get an update on how Nylander looks incredible and the skill he will bring in a year or two will be unbelievable?  Like maybe we can score 2 goals (or gasp more) a game once in a while.

Maybe this will make you feel better?  I would add that if Nylander was in the OHL (with his peers) that his name would be on this list too.

TOP SCORING OHL 

Taylor Raddysh Erie Otters                     19 18 27 45 

Alex DeBrincat Erie Otters                      18 19 21 40 

Cliff Pu London Knights                          17 13 19 32 

Adam Mascherin Kitchener Rangers      18 11 21 32 

Edited by Crusader1969

Maybe this will make you feel better?  I would add that if Nylander was in the OHL (with his peers) that his name would be on this list too.

TOP SCORING OHL 

Taylor Raddysh Erie Otters                     19 18 27 45 

Alex DeBrincat Erie Otters                      18 19 21 40 

Cliff Pu London Knights                          17 13 19 32 

Adam Mascherin Kitchener Rangers      18 11 21 32 

Appreciated.  That does help.

Most of you are aware of Cliff Pu's amazing numbers - with 16 goals and 39 points in 20 games, he's on pace to put up better numbers than Mitch Marner and Max Domi did at the same age in the same league - he's not the only Sabre pick from June showing well statistically.

Some other highlights include:

4th-round D Casey Fitzgerald scoring a point a game at Boston College

Late rounders Vasily Glotov and Brandon Hagel putting up 20 and 21 points respectively, each in 21 games

Power forward 4th-rounder Brett Murray with 15 points in 18 games.

First pick Alex Nylander has 10 points in 16 games playing with men in the AHL and second pick Rasmus Asplund has 8 in 19 playing with men in Sweden. They are expected to anchor Sweden's WJC attack this year.

Meanwhile, forgotten 21-year-olds Sean Malone and Connnor Hurley are finally producing in college - also at a point per game.

Most of you are aware of Cliff Pu's amazing numbers - with 16 goals and 39 points in 20 games, he's on pace to put up better numbers than Mitch Marner and Max Domi did at the same age in the same league - he's not the only Sabre pick from June showing well statistically.

Some other highlights include:

4th-round D Casey Fitzgerald scoring a point a game at Boston College

Late rounders Vasily Glotov and Brandon Hagel putting up 20 and 21 points respectively, each in 21 games

Power forward 4th-rounder Brett Murray with 15 points in 18 games.

First pick Alex Nylander has 10 points in 16 games playing with men in the AHL and second pick Rasmus Asplund has 8 in 19 playing with men in Sweden. They are expected to anchor Sweden's WJC attack this year.

Meanwhile, forgotten 21-year-olds Sean Malone and Connnor Hurley are finally producing in college - also at a point per game.

Really nice to see. I already like some of the surprising depth we have seen as bad as this season has been but things do look good for the future. Glass half full

I can't wait to see DB ruin his offensive prowess. It's gonna be awesome watching him turn from an offensive juggernaut to a dump and chaser that's afraid to crash the net.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.