Sabres Prospects 2016-17

Hoss

For the rest of Pu's career, I'm going to be reading every sentence typed about him three times, to see if I'm missing a play on words.

:lol: I just had to read mine over again to see if I did anything inadvertently.

I think Rodrigues makes the team out of camp. Nelson seems a bit too high to me. He's likely destined to spend the season in Roch.

I ranked them on a mixture of things but their immediate destination isn't really one of them. The main two components are level of skill and likelihood to reach their ceiling.

For instance, Nylander is as likely to spend the season in Rochester as Nelson is but that doesn't mean Nylander isn't the clear number one.

• 3 weeks later...

Kris Baker of Sabresprospects.com updated his depth chart. I'm going to make a few tweaks based on his info. He, interestingly, listed Nylander as a left winger.

EDIT: I only made one tweak to my rankings since they lined up a ton with what he has minus a few I feel more confident in. Florentino dropped from 15 to 21.

tuLl2DT.png

Edited by Hoss

Kris Baker of Sabresprospects.com updated his depth chart. I'm going to make a few tweaks based on his info. He, interestingly, listed Nylander as a left winger.

EDIT: I only made one tweak to my rankings since they lined up a ton with what he has minus a few I feel more confident in. Florentino dropped from 15 to 21.

tuLl2DT.png

I hope everyone takes special notice of where Rodrigues is slotted. Waaaaaaay down the depth chart.

Thanks Hoss. Great read.

I'm in on the Pu hype. The tape looks like Taylor Hall-level speed and quickness. Great stick length too. Like Dudacek said, it's a highlight reel, but as the announcers reference, that "other gear" he found this year in his development is promising. 

First time I watched the highlight reel.  Thoughts:  Hockey sense, finisher, dirty areas.

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Yerdon who covers the Sabres for NHL.com and is an excellent follow on Twitter, wrote who he feels are the Sabres Top Prospects and their expected arrival in the NHL. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/buffalo-sabres-top-prospects-30-in-30/c-281293572

Asplund ahead of Fasching? A surprise, to me. I suspect that's the writer's ranking and not a result of considering Fasching an NHLer, last season's final roster status notwithstanding.

Thought for a hot second Tage was the guy I was vehemently against drafting late in the 1st for any team, on the contrary I really liked him and am gald to hear he is doing well. Should be a good player.

The player I was thinking of was Logan Stanley. 

Thought for a hot second Tage was the guy I was vehemently against drafting late in the 1st for any team, on the contrary I really liked him and am gald to hear he is doing well. Should be a good player.

The player I was thinking of was Logan Stanley.

I thought it was a very odd pick when the Jets took him, and I think they even traded up for him. Guy has Pylon written all over him.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/17414306/top-120-nhl-prospects-2016-17-season-led-auston-matthews-patrik-laine

ESPN has us with one prospect in the top 100, two in the top 120 (Nylandsr at 11 and Asplund at 101).

Laine over Matthews.

Zero goalies in the 16 they mention.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/17414444/top-nhl-goalie-prospects-2016-17-season-including-andrei-vasilevskiy-matt-murray

Edited by Hoss

Interesting on the goalies. Seems like we have been blessed at the position lately but no so sure going forward

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.