Sabres Prospects 2016-17

Hoss

Rasmus Asplund has a goal and an assist through the first 10 minutes of his SHL season.

I think this guy is our second-best prospect. He has a chance to be ROR-not-so-lite.

Behind who and ahead of whom?

Are u saying?

1. Mittelstadt

2. Asplund

3. Guhle

4. Nylander

I still think he is 4th behind Guhle and Nylander, but I also love his potential. He and Guhle may be ex-GMTM best legacy here.

Good quick read: http://www.sabresprospects.com/2017/08/2017-18-sabres-prospects-ncaa-preview.html

Edited by GASabresFan

Behind who and ahead of whom?

Are u saying?

1. Mittelstadt

2. Asplund

3. Guhle

4. Nylander

I still think he is 4th behind Guhle and Nylander, but I also love his potential. He and Guhle may be ex-GMTM best legacy here.

Good quick read: http://www.sabresprospects.com/2017/08/2017-18-sabres-prospects-ncaa-preview.html

I have him behind Casey and just above Guhle/Nylander, who are in a tie more or less for me. And those 4 are the guys I feel comfortable saying they have a good NHL career ahead of them. 

I can't put him that high until I see him play in NA, but I agree that he looks to have a very bright future in the NHL as an improved version of Larsson.

I see Guhle as one of our top 6 D right now. He starts in Roch only because of our improved depth and lack of pro experience, but suspect he'll finish the year in our top 6. That's why I have him second behind Mittelstud

Edited by GASabresFan

I can't put him that high until I see him play in NA, but I agree that he looks to have a very bright future in the NHL as an improved version of Larsson.

I see Guhle as one of our top 6 D right now. He starts in Roch only because of our improved depth and lack of pro experience, but suspect he'll finish the year in our top 6. That's why I have him second behind Mittelstud

I think the Guhle prediction is right on.

So who are our top 10 prospects heading into camp and which prospects have a shot at making the team at some point this season?

Top 10

1. Mittelstud

2. Guhle

3. Nylander

4. Asplund

5. Bailey

6. Fasching

7. Baptiste

8. Pu

9. Borgen

10. Davidsson

Others to watch

Smith, and Malone. I think both guys have a shot at making the team or earning a callup. Ullmark, Nelson and Griffith are beyond their ELCs. So I don't list them as "prospects" per se, but I think we'll see all in Buffalo this season. Nelson might one of the biggest beneficiaries of Housley.

When a long time Swedish International coach says he reminds him of a young Zetterberg I get a warm fuzzy all over.  However I still think Nylander has more skill and potential.  But either way, life is good.

That is high praise.

Sounds like he is poised to have a big year over there. Interesting how staying in Sweden may have benefitted his development compared to Nylander struggling in the A.

Rasmus Asplund has a goal and an assist through the first 10 minutes of his SHL season.

I think this guy is our second-best prospect. He has a chance to be ROR-not-so-lite.

Great start by Asplund on the weekend but Nylander is still the #2 prospect in the system. 

I believe that Nylander will see a huge improvement in his point totals as he begins the new season with the Amerks.

He will benefit from his own improved play plus he should have much better line-mates than he had last season.. My prediction is that he will be called up to the Sabres sometime early in the New Year, playing LW on Samson's line.

Well this makes the Pysyk trade much more palatable.

If Pysyk was still a Sabre, where would he be slotted this season?

Great start by Asplund on the weekend but Nylander is still the #2 prospect in the system. 

I believe that Nylander will see a huge improvement in his point totals as he begins the new season with the Amerks.

He will benefit from his own improved play plus he should have much better line-mates than he had last season.. My prediction is that he will be called up to the Sabres sometime early in the New Year, playing LW on Samson's line.

If Pysyk was still a Sabre, where would he be slotted this season?

I need Nylander to impress me on the ice for the first time ever before I'm comfortable putting him at 2, is all. 

I need Nylander to impress me on the ice for the first time ever before I'm comfortable putting him at 2, is all.

Agreed, he young, but need to see the fire in the belly from him, but darn he has tools... just hoping he puts it all together and learns the effort needed to make it at this level.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.