Sabres Prospects 2016-17

Hoss

Has anyone else noticed the big improvement in nearly all our college players?

Casey Fitzgerald (BC)

2015-16 39gm 4g 23a 27pts

2016-17 18gm 5g 8a 13pts

I'm very excited about the progress of Brown, Hurley, and Fitzgerald. 

.69 points per game to .72 points per game is no real improvement at all, is it?  (Yes, I see the goals are better.... does that just mean his shots are finding the net versus turning into converted rebounds last year?)

That's pretty exciting. I saw this tweet from Kris Baker this morning which also adds to that YSE

Kris Baker@SabresProspects 2h2 hours ago

Prospects per game leaders: Goals: Malone .73, Pu .72

Assists: Pu .96, Karabacek .71

PIM: Fitzgerald 1.67, Kea 1.53 #Sabres

Isn't Karabacek playing against qwk and d4rk in Elmira?

.69 points per game to .72 points per game is no real improvement at all, is it? (Yes, I see the goals are better.... does that just mean his shots are finding the net versus turning into converted rebounds last year?)

If it was 30 games in and he had surpassed the goals number I'd be more apt to agree with you, but to score more in less then 1/2 the games is significant improvement. However, lets say your theory is correct. Isn't a harder or a more accurate shot improvement?

Of the 9 players listed plus Petersen (the goalie) only Malone and Florentino are 4th year players. Peterson, Petersen, Willman and Hurley are 3 year players. Brown, Borgen, Fitzgerald, and Chukarov are only college sophomores.

If I'm GMTM, I'm signing Petersen (G), the D Borgen, Florentino and Fitzgerald, and forward Malone and maybe Hurley because we need his speed. The rest can go back to school. I don't think underclassmen Petersen, Borgen and Fitzgerald have anything left to prove in the NCAA and we have slots for all of them in the AHL. Although we left McCabe in the NCAA for 3 years.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

Has anyone else noticed the big improvement in nearly all our college players?

Judd Peterson (St Cloud)

2015-16  38gm 16g 7a 23pts

2016-17 14gm 7g 4a 11pts

Sean Malone (Harvard)

2015-16 27gm 10g 9a 19pts

2016-17 11gm 8g 6a 14pts

Tony Florentino (Providence)

2015-16 31gm 5g 7a 12pts

2016-17 12gm 5g 5a 10pts

Chris Brown (BC)

2015-16 41gm 2g 9a 11pts

2016-17 19gm 6g 10a 16pts

Connor Hurley (ND)

2015-16 36gm 6g 12a 18pts

2016-17 16gm 4g 11a 15pts

Max Willman (Brown)

2015-16 29gm 3g 8a 11pts

2016-17 10gm 4g 3a 7pts

Ivan Chukarov (UMass - Amherst)

2015-16 36gm 3g 5a 8pts

2016-17 14gm 1g 3a 4pts

Will Borgen (St Cloud)

2015-16 37gm 1g 13a 14pts

2016-17 14gm 1g 8a 9pts

Casey Fitzgerald (BC)

2015-16 39gm 4g 23a 27pts

2016-17 18gm 5g 8a 13pts

Granted they are all a year older, but history says not everyone gets better, yet at least statistically all our college prospects, both F & D, have improved offensively at least.   I'm very excited about the progress of Brown, Hurley, and Fitzgerald.  I'm also interested to see if Malone and Florentino have done enough to earn a contract from the Sabres.  We could really use a physical and defensive D like Florentino who can actually skate well.

Florentino and Providence plays at RIT this weekend. Providence beat RIT 5-1 tonight (Florentino 2 assists) and they'll play again Saturday at 7pm.

Florentino and Providence plays at RIT this weekend. Providence beat RIT 5-1 tonight (Florentino 2 assists) and they'll play again Saturday at 7pm.

Yeah but RIT is like a toy school.

Hi D4rk and Josie...yes I'm trolling!  Can't sleep.  Nothing better to do.

Nylander not exactly dominating in Rochester

Nope. It's most likely transitioning to the pro game (McCabe and Carrier are good recent examples) but he may not be the ballyhooed prospect we wished for.

He's 18. Way too early to tell one way or the other. His brother William is highly rated by everyone and it took him three years after his draft year to become a regular in the NHL and he took a different route then Alex (played mens hockey in Sweden vs. Canadian juniors). I think Alex Nylander will be just fine.

He's 18. Way too early to tell one way or the other. His brother William is highly rated by everyone and it took him three years after his draft year to become a regular in the NHL and he took a different route then Alex (played mens hockey in Sweden vs. Canadian juniors). I think Alex Nylander will be just fine.

I don't know as though anyone is doubting his ability. He's better than his brother was in the A already. I think most folks are realizing he is a few years out yet. He looks like a kid. Let him pop his cherry first and then in a year or two he'll be ready to go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.