Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

http://www.csnne.com/video/vesey-1-1-short-list-teams-still-considering

After watching this he will be a Bruin by August 17th.

I agree.

Any particular reasons? Seemed to just be the same stuff we've heard ad nauseum, including "August 15th" about 100 times. He was complimentary of Boston but of course he would be, especially considering who was doing the interview.

2nd view edit - maybe the bit about how he's "respected Buffalo" through the whole process. Kinda what you might say when you don't truly like someone or something or some situation. It wasn't, "I have interest in them", but rather, "I respected them". Who knows.

Edited by Thorny

Any particular reasons? Seemed to just be the same stuff we've heard ad nauseum, including "August 15th" about 100 times. He was complimentary of Boston but of course he would be, especially considering who was doing the interview.

2nd view edit - maybe the bit about how he's "respected Buffalo" through the whole process. Kinda what you might say when you don't truly like someone or something or some situation. It wasn't, "I have interest in them", but rather, "I respected them". Who knows.

He knows damn well who he wants to play for. He just needs the attention to feed his insatiable ego. He's a Jimmy first kinda guy, and always will be.

He knows damn well who he wants to play for. He just needs the attention to feed his insatiable ego. He's a Jimmy first kinda guy, and always will be.

Yes, we know how you feel about him......Outside of Buffalo and Boston where is all this attention he's getting?

Outside of Buf and bos nobody is talking about him. I'd say our biggest competition outside of Boston is Pittsburgh and Chicago. He's a homebody, so you can eliminate all teams out west and I think you can eliminate the Canadian teams. From a roster talent perspective I think you can eliminate nyr, nj and Boston. Don't think he wants a big city, so eliminate NYI too. That should put Buf as the frontrunners - it's a 55 min flight from bos to buf. Can't eliminate Boston and his hometown ties, but if he's really playing for his 2nd contract, why would one go to Boston - that's a team heading in the wrong direction

So anyone hear the TPeg express warming up filled with dancers and cake... tracks are cleared right now. Party commences at noon in Boston enroute to Boston.... Eh cant do this anymore... Hoping that Bogo introduces him to NHL a la Princess Deon...

Well, he was pretty definitive that he's going to wait until Aug. 15. To me that means the Sabres' chances of getting him just took a major hit and are now well below 50/50.

I don't think the Sabres chances of landing him have changed, just fans perception of those chances.

There's no way this guy signs with us. Zero chance. Let's say he visits and talks with a handful of teams around Aug 15th and makes his decision based on those meetings, just like he says he's going to do. Why hasn't he at least visited Buffalo yet? He's has the legal right to visit Buffalo, see the facilities and the city. But for whatever reason, he's not even interested in doing this. If Buffalo was on his "short list", would he at least want to get the visit done with so he could visit other teams on Aug 16th?

There's no way this guy signs with us. Zero chance. Let's say he visits and talks with a handful of teams around Aug 15th and makes his decision based on those meetings, just like he says he's going to do. Why hasn't he at least visited Buffalo yet? He's has the legal right to visit Buffalo, see the facilities and the city. But for whatever reason, he's not even interested in doing this. If Buffalo was on his "short list", would he at least want to get the visit done with so he could visit other teams on Aug 16th?

The most damning evidence of no go.... oh well woner if TM can trade his rights to Chi town.

From WGRZ

http://www.wgrz.com/mb/sports/nhl/sabres/jimmy-vesey-says-hell-make-decision-in-august/272318820

"Tim (Murray) was pretty understanding about me taking my time and I respect that out of him. I'm still going to wait until August 15th but I had a good meeting with Buffalo but I'm pretty much just waiting until August 15th," Jimmy Vesey told Pete Gallivan in Foxboro after a summer league game.

The 2016 Hobey Baker Award winner also says his relationship with Jack Eichel is a very positive factor in Buffalo's favor.

"He's a once in a lifetime type of talent and I know him pretty well so it would definitely be comforting to walk into a locker room with him there and him show me the ropes so it's definitely a factor in the process," Vesey explained.

"OK folks, move along nothing to see here" . . . at least until August 15th.

Classic rubber necker delay.

Atleast this whole saga somewhat breaks up the dog days of summer.  Sabres news will be few and far between for the next 2 months now but atleast we get some entertainment half way through this year.

If not that one how bout Derrico!

:lol: Well played.

No signs of a type A personality in that interview. He came across as almost fumbling

It won't be Boston. Why?

1) decling team

2) his Dad advised not to go there

3) his friend Jimmy Hayes advised not to go there

And despite that, he loves Boston and has always wanted to play for the Bruins. "It would feel great to put that jersey on."

Remember, he said his dad was going to let him make his own decision. Odd comment until you put it in the context of #2

Put it together with at Players Tribune piece and his otherwise irrational rejection of Nashville.

He gets to stay at home, slide into the top six spot left vacant by Erickson, play with Hayes...

First time I've actually seen a lengthy interview, as opposed to reading scattered quotes.

Really seems like a kid poised to follow a childhood dream.

Edited by dudacek

Seriously doubt he's flying to the teams on his short list. They'll be coming to him. Granted, he lives where one of the teams play, but he stressed in the interview a talk w/ the gm and coach we'll play a role in his decision. The Bruins gm and coach will have to be one hell of a "car salesman." They're are on a quick spiral to the bottom. I understand his childhood dream of wanting to play for the team he grew up watching/cheering for may determine where he goes, but he has to consider what is best for his career. If the 2nd contract is that important to him, and it should be, Boston is a team to stay away from. 

I hate to tell Vesey but the Bruins are on the decline and he won't save them. Their last two drafts have been spectacularly garbage. 

#25 - David Pastrnak, not a bad pick here but honestly I am taking Adrian Kempe if I am Boston

#56 - Ryan Donato, not terrible but Kirkland, Dvorak, Jonas Johansson all sitting around raises and eyebrow

Then this ###### happened. I have never seen a worse series of first round picks in my life. If Boston had drafted Zboril, Connor, Barzal, they would have had an amazing draft class. Or Zboril, Connor, Boeser and again what an amazing first round... instead they take freaking Senyshyn and DeBrusk. DeBrusk might have been okay but then Boeser, Connor and Barzal (who all were ranked higher) played so much better.

#13 - Jakub Zboril, a little early but a good first round pick

#14 - Jake DeBrusk, way early but I guess if you really want him, still confusing with who else was on the board

#15 - Zachary Senyshyn, no just no. Boeser, Connor, Barzal all on the board and they take a guy who was slated for the mid to late 2nd at best.

I need to break down how bad this is. Let's forget Zboril for a touch. This is their 2015/2016 seasons ppg

Debrusk - 1.066ppg WHL

Senyshyn - 0.985ppg OHL

Boeser - 1.429ppg NCAA

Connor - 1.868ppg NCAA

Barzal - 1.517ppg WHL

For comparison Eichel was 1 year younger but put up 1.775ppg in his NCAA year

#14 - Charlie McAvoy, I had them taking him and this is a good pick

#29 - Trent Frederic, the f#ck? He was graded out to late 2nd or early 3rd round guy, projects to be a 2nd line winger at best and they drafted him. Could have had Asplund, Laberge, Hajek, Mascherin, Debrincat but nope they took Trent Frederic...

#49 - Ryan Lindgren, about where he should have gone but Clague and Grundstrom still sitting there and both still ranked higher than Trent Frederic.

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.