Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

Drew Stafford is an average 2nd liner.

Come at me, bro!

With large Hudoni gaps and puss ification about going into the corners unless a pay day is out there. Affable guy but Vesey like in his need to be coddled... Edited by North Buffalo

Drew Stafford is an average 2nd liner.

Come at me, bro!

WildCard, your next target is somewhere in Western New York.  By his own admission several years ago, there is not a Wegmans in his county.  He thinks fry cakes are the "basis upon which the best doughnuts are constructed," and he likely has emotional problems.  Grows peppers and has a smoker.  Go get him.

Edited by Eleven

WildCard, your next target is somewhere in Western New York. By his own admission several years ago, there is not a Wegmans in his county. He thinks fry cakes are the "basis upon which the best doughnuts are constructed," and he likely has emotional problems. Grows peppers and has a smoker. Go get him.

Really, you think anything bad happens to me when he shows up to a deck smelling of smokey pork and open whiskey bottles?

You got nuthin to bring, lawdawg.

On a semi serious note, Scott Cullen of TSN.CA has done a study over the years on the value of NHL draft picks.  If my memory serves a 3rd rd pick from 71-80 has about an 8.5% chance of becoming a top 2 line player and only a 26% chance of playing 100 NHL games.  http://www2.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/story/?id=455673.

That is pretty long odds.  Considering we had 4 3rd rd picks (5 if you include the one we gave up for CDB) I think GMTM made a great decision to get 1st crack at Vesey even if it doesn't ultimately work.  Our system currently has 40 prospects in it what do we really need with another mid 3rd rd prospect?

On a semi serious note, Scott Cullen of TSN.CA has done a study over the years on the value of NHL draft picks. If my memory serves a 3rd rd pick from 71-80 has about an 8.5% chance of becoming a top 2 line player and only a 26% chance of playing 100 NHL games. http://www2.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/story/?id=455673.

That is pretty long odds. Considering we had 4 3rd rd picks (5 if you include the one we gave up for CDB) I think GMTM made a great decision to get 1st crack at Vesey even if it doesn't ultimately work. Our system currently has 40 prospects in it what do we really need with another mid 3rd rd prospect?

Yup. Those stats have been tossed into thos thread many times. Fortunately, most of the crabbing about burning that pick has stopped.

Really, you think anything bad happens to me when he shows up to a deck smelling of smokey pork and open whiskey bottles?

You got nuthin to bring, lawdawg.

Awesome response, too bad it is defending that low down yellow bellied wanna be musician dressed as wimpy hockey player who once in while shows he can use his stick for god know what nefarious purpose.

You're just upset because you're "Charlie work."

Hey Wildcard, you see this? He's got no respect for you. You hunt me down, I know where Eleven spends his free time. We'll teach him some respect.

Edited by We've

Everyone read Puck Daddy today right?

I'm not familiar with Kevin Hayes' game.  Better than Drew Stafford?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/kris-russell-hockey-culture-and-jimmy-vesey-puck-daddy-countdown-194641194.html

"But if you’re buying billboards for the guy, or slotting him into your top six already, you’re only setting yourself up to be disappointed, regardless of whether he actually signs. The player you think he is and the player he actually is are not the same thing."

WildCard, your next target is somewhere in Western New York. By his own admission several years ago, there is not a Wegmans in his county. He thinks fry cakes are the "basis upon which the best doughnuts are constructed," and he likely has emotional problems. Grows peppers and has a smoker. Go get him.

You're sending WC to his death.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.