Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

At this point I'm wondering what will happen if he does sign here and then doesn't immediately start scoring "enough".  How quickly will the torches and pitchforks come out? 

If he Vesey struggles in BUF it could negatively impact Eichel's development.   He'll be bombarded with questions from the media "What's wrong with your bud Jimmy?... Why isn't he performing? etc...."    Jack already has enough pressure on him, if his friend get's demoted he'll feel it's partly his fault and try too hard to set him up for goals, etc....   it could backfire in a big way.

"According to one of those sources, however, Vesey’s top three preferred spots are currently the Chicago Blackhawks, the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils. "

If the kid goes to the Devils he's an idiot. 

If he Vesey struggles in BUF it could negatively impact Eichel's development.   He'll be bombarded with questions from the media "What's wrong with your bud Jimmy?... Why isn't he performing? etc...."    Jack already has enough pressure on him, if his friend get's demoted he'll feel it's partly his fault and try too hard to set him up for goals, etc....   it could backfire in a big way.

I think Jack will Eichel like he does. His buddy Moulson was crap last year and it didn't effect Eichel noticeably. 

"According to one of those sources, however, Vesey’s top three preferred spots are currently the Chicago Blackhawks, the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils. "

Maybe I should have read the article before giving it weight. Only Chicago of those choices sounds logical to me...

They do seem like an odd inclusion in the short list.

We'll we already knew Vesey likes to mis-lead people and basically just tells everyone he talks to what they want to hear.    Whatever he does won't come as a surprise.

With that article, we can scratch the Sabres off the list, too.

I think I'm going to ignore all of the prophecies we'll see in the upcoming days and just wait for the news.

I will continue to follow the plane, of course.

PIT is OVER the cap at the moment by nearly 3 mil. They cannot offer him max ELC bonus incentives because of this.

So unless they trade Fluery before the 15th, he's likely not going there.

Performance bonuses don't count against the cap until after they've been earned though and even then teams are allowed to exceed the cap by 7.5% for any performance bonuses they pay out. If Vesey wants t9 ply in Pittsburgh, they'll have little trouble freeing up the space.

At this point I'm wondering what will happen if he does sign here and then doesn't immediately start scoring "enough".  How quickly will the torches and pitchforks come out? 

Don't need to be under the cap until the season starts IIRC.  Your point is taken, the Penguins need to make a move.

I didn't know we were suppose to put them away. They've been at the ready with extra matches and torch oil for years, at least since that whole Y2K scare.

Was there a memo?

I'll make room in the shed :cry:

Which is why the article is flawed.  They made a big push because they went and saw him play?  Please.

Although they didn't talk, there are rumors of dry erase board messages, hand signals, and other non verbal communication taking place at those summer league games. This is footage of Stan Bowman gesturing towards Vesey at his last game. Experts are trying to ascertain the meaning but it's clear he means two of something. 

giphy.gif

And another of Bowman and Quenneville at a previous game (don't let the disguises fool you)

giphy.gif

Edited by K-9

╔═══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a beautiful strong black woman ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Jimmy Vesey ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.