Around the NHL: 2016 Offseason

Hoss

But ... Edmonton at least traded away an apple for an orange, of sorts, when they really needed that orange and had several apples on hand. 

What the hell did MTL just do?

Ya, I mean the logic behind the Edmonton trade makes more sense, but the actual execution, the details of the trade, are mind-bogglingly bad for them. Weber is at least quite good, even if he is getting older. 

If I am a NJD fan right now...

Right? I mean the Devils just straight up pile drived the Oilers. 

I have listened to this for 2 hours straight

TM quick! Call Anaheim 1 for 1's are all the rage today. Offer something ###### for Cam Fowler. Hey, ya never know.

Well, Hall just went for jack ######, so they'll probably ask for Eichel now

Edited by WildCard

Kessel spending his day with The Cup in Toronto.

Nice.

If he sends out a picture eating hot dogs out of it, I'm buying a Kessel jersey.

Okay, fine, I wouldn't buy a jersey...but some T-shirt company would have to make a funny shirt out of it, right? I'd buy that.

Phaneuf also said he would be spending that day with Kessel too (they are really close friends)

I personally wanted to see Kessel throw his own parade down Younge street (or just around the block that the arena is on a few times) in a convertible, with the cup flipping off everyone in Toronto. (Eating hotdogs and donuts would make it even better.

Unfortunately that won't be happening, he is bringing it there and being nice/classy as he says Toronto is his home still.

I just thought of anothering thing for his parade, with Dion being there he could just run around to different spots and stand there to block traffic,most Leafs fans thought he was a pylon on the ice away.......

Edited by apuszczalowski

Smart team right there. Florida is looking better and better

Hmm.. Bit of a gamble in my book. Must put him in the top 10 of D cap hits.

But they did buy four UFA years and he's not going to be Tyler Myers.

Hmm.. Bit of a gamble in my book. Must put him in the top 10 of D cap hits.

But they did buy four UFA years and he's not going to be Tyler Myers.

It's a gamble, but a smart one in my book. He's had two very good, consistent season (IIRC). I think it's much more likely he continues to improve than the opposite, especially with Yandle there. Sign him to a bridge, or wait until he hits RFA, and you may be shelling out a lot more than $7.5M