2016 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

You tell me

Buffalo would send #8+Foligno+a mid round pick to CBJ for #3. CBJ would be happy to drop to #8 and take Logan Brown. Nothing is done yet!!!

If that trade rumor were to be true, as CBus GM, I would make a conditional deal with Buffalo. We will draft who you want at #3.  If Logan Brown is available at #8 we will trade you the #3 choice for #8 and that stuff. 

If its legit, holy cow that'd be a steal. 

I'd take a guess though that it'd be more like, based on this "rumor" #3 for Foligno, #8, B level prospect, and a 3rd. Either that or we'd have to take Hartnell's contract instead of the B prospect

I'd trade a late 3rd for Vesey's rights.

What wouldn't be a fool's response is sending Nashville a sixth or seventh round pick (hey, Nashville, it's better than nothing) to begin negotiating with Vesey now.

Completely agree. Murray should be doing that right now, surprised he hasn't, to be honest. 

First of all I highly doubt he's told anybody except his parents and agent what he wants to do, and would be smart to keep it a secret, assuming he already knows.    If I'm him, I pick about 6 or so teams and go visit them in depth come August 15th.    Find out what his role would be, where he fits, met the coaches, GM's, etc...  Maybe he does like the thought of playing with Eichel, but after some visits he might prefer a different team for other reasons.

Second, his production dropped off last season compared to 14-15'.    Scored almost 10 fewer goals.   He was a 3rd round pick in 2012.    He's likely not the long term answer to play on Eichel's wing.

Quite possible. But, right now he looks like a real possibility of being a 2nd liner & he costs, literally, nothing. Jack, keep talkin' up the Nickel City this summer.

What wouldn't be a fool's response is sending Nashville a sixth or seventh round pick (hey, Nashville, it's better than nothing) to begin negotiating with Vesey now.

Depending on the intel Eichel is bringing back to TM. I'd be willing to go to a 5th to be able to lock him up before the draft.

That's like looking at a Ford Pinto and being like "still glad I don't drive a car". 

Exactly. Having a Twitter account and being active on there makes it so much easier to know what is fake.

There are enough of us around here who are well versed in Twitter and other social media outlets. If those of us who are in this category are saying that it's fake then there's a good chance it is.

If the account isn't an actual news source or individual then it's probably fake.

SOME Twitter "NHL Rumors" pages will act as a aggregate and just tweet out info they steal from others like Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger.

Completely agree. Murray should be doing that right now, surprised he hasn't, to be honest. 

He might be.  Nashville could be considering several proposals.  "Hey, Buffalo is offering us a seventh, how about you give us your sixth," for example.

If its legit, holy cow that'd be a steal. 

I'd take a guess though that it'd be more like, based on this "rumor" #3 for Foligno, #8, B level prospect, and a 3rd. Either that or we'd have to take Hartnell's contract instead of the B prospect

I'd trade a late 3rd for Vesey's rights.

No one is going to give up that much.  The Coyotes only gave up a 5th to be able to talk to Goligoski.

Vesey is better than goligoski at his respective positions imho. More importantly Phoenix sent a 5 for exclusive rights That go away 7/1 (actually 6/25 when teams can start talking to UFAs). Vesey's exclusive rights are until 8/15.

Maybe Vesey will be better, but he's never put a skate on NHL ice. Let's slow the hype train. Goligoski played on the top pair of the #1 seed in the West.

Ducks re-sign defenseman Sami Vatanen to a four-year contract extension.

Does this make Lindholm or Fowler available?

Now there's a surprise. Thought he was the most likely of the three to go.

Any word on the terms, thinking of Risto.

What do you mean? Wouldn't it be smart to send a 7th round pick for negotiating rights?

He might be.  Nashville could be considering several proposals.  "Hey, Buffalo is offering us a seventh, how about you give us your sixth," for example.

Why? We heard he's signing with Buffalo.

Why? We heard he's signing with Buffalo.

Just a rumour, though. If Murray wants to upgrade the offence, he can't just rely on Vesey. One - he's never played an NHL game, and Two - playing the odds it's more likely he doesn't come here.

I'd like to sign Vesey but I'll continue to believe it's unlikely until Murray acquires his rights. With the bulk of the offseason hinging on the draft and the days leading up to it, and July 1, I'd be pretty disappointed if our gameplan revolves around August 15th.

I still think they find a way to make it work just by moving Stoner and/or Despres.

Im interested in Despres as much as I am Fowler.  Note that Lindholm would be the optimum talent to acquire, but Despres does a lot on both sides of the puck. 

Is your interest in Despres to play with Risto, or for 2nd/3rd pair?

More so on the second pair.  I don't see him as a top pairing defensemen.  But, when you factor in age, he's signed to a nice term for a while it's appealing.  He doesn't fit the need of a PP QB, but he offers versatility and would be an upgrade over McCabe.  

Despres-Bogosian

McCabe-Pysyk/Nelson 

Looks decent.  I'm all for any number of possibilities, but the D has to be altered and upgraded for sure.  If Despres is more feasible a target at $$ for the acquisition than Fowler, I'm all about acquiring someone that we can control entering his prime.  

More so on the second pair. I don't see him as a top pairing defensemen. But, when you factor in age, he's signed to a nice term for a while it's appealing. He doesn't fit the need of a PP QB, but he offers versatility and would be an upgrade over McCabe.

Despres-Bogosian

McCabe-Pysyk/Nelson

Looks decent. I'm all for any number of possibilities, but the D has to be altered and upgraded for sure. If Despres is more feasible a target at $$ for the acquisition than Fowler, I'm all about acquiring someone that we can control entering his prime.

Makes sense, and I have some interest in that sort of role. Do you know much about his injuries? I know he struggled to come back from a concussion at some point.

A few nice tidbits/rumors from Garth: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/GARTHS-CORNER/Chatter-Up/6/77637

He says expect a 7-year, $10 million offer for Stamkos who won't be back in Tampa.

I would pay him that, I think. Some thought it would be higher. (And I believe some only wanted to pay him an amount that was lower.)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.