2016 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

NHL Rumors

‏@NHLRumorsDaily

I get the skepticism about the Vesey info because he can't sign until August 15th, but I was told he has made it known Buffalo is 1st choice

It'll be interesting then if we don't add any winger help in the lead up to August 15th. Won't know whether to be disappointed we didn't improve our forward corps, or okay with it due to operating under the assumption we are getting Vesey. If one chooses to believe this rumor. 

'

It'll be interesting then if we don't add any winger help in the lead up to August 15th. Won't know whether to be disappointed we didn't improve our forward corps, or okay with it due to operating under the assumption we are getting Vesey. If one chooses to believe this rumor. 

'

If one chooses to believe Vesey!

NAS vs what Vesey's agent says.  His agent said they told NAS weeks before the deadline that he wasn't signing.  NAS GM probably just trying to save face is my thoughts.  If I could play with Eichel for the next 15 years, I probably wouldn't have signed either.

38c7561ae64747c1baaa583eef7c31f5.jpg

An ad by the anchor bar - too funny

First of all I highly doubt he's told anybody except his parents and agent what he wants to do, and would be smart to keep it a secret, assuming he already knows.    If I'm him, I pick about 6 or so teams and go visit them in depth come August 15th.    Find out what his role would be, where he fits, met the coaches, GM's, etc...  Maybe he does like the thought of playing with Eichel, but after some visits he might prefer a different team for other reasons.

Second, his production dropped off last season compared to 14-15'.    Scored almost 10 fewer goals.   He was a 3rd round pick in 2012.    He's likely not the long term answer to play on Eichel's wing.

Is this a legitimate source?

You tell me

Buffalo would send #8+Foligno+a mid round pick to CBJ for #3. CBJ would be happy to drop to #8 and take Logan Brown. Nothing is done yet!!!

If that trade rumor were to be true, as CBus GM, I would make a conditional deal with Buffalo. We will draft who you want at #3.  If Logan Brown is available at #8 we will trade you the #3 choice for #8 and that stuff. 

You tell me

Buffalo would send #8+Foligno+a mid round pick to CBJ for #3. CBJ would be happy to drop to #8 and take Logan Brown. Nothing is done yet!!!

If that trade rumor were to be true, as CBus GM, I would make a conditional deal with Buffalo. We will draft who you want at #3.  If Logan Brown is available at #8 we will trade you the #3 choice for #8 and that stuff. 

IMO that's not nearly enough to move up to #3.   Probably would take another decent prospect like Bailey/Fasching + Foligno + 8 + a 3rd

You tell me

Now that is one I'm doing in a heartbeat. Therefore, not likely legitimate. Pretty sure someone is offering more than that for # 3 and likely much more. Unless they Marcus can revive Nick's career this deal is not legit in my eyes.

You tell me

But what if Brown is gone by #8, then Columbus is stuck with the guy Buffalo wanted at 3, and not who they wanted. Unless Puljujarvi is the guy they want should no trade go down. Which I suppose would be likely. 

Any deal would probably be made before the Jackets made the pick. 

Edited by Thorny

Better than most twitter ones, but I don't trust anybody other than Mackenzie

It's most certainly not "better than most Twitter ones." That account is a perfect example of why so many hate sports Twitter. It just makes up. Zero legitimacy.

Which from alleged past instances would potentially be a fool's response. 

What wouldn't be a fool's response is sending Nashville a sixth or seventh round pick (hey, Nashville, it's better than nothing) to begin negotiating with Vesey now.

What wouldn't be a fool's response is sending Nashville a sixth or seventh round pick (hey, Nashville, it's better than nothing) to begin negotiating with Vesey now.

What do you mean? Wouldn't it be smart to send a 7th round pick for negotiating rights?

Didn't he have a deadline to pass, and if he didn't sign he goes to UFA.  Or am I pulling this out of my @$$. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.