2016 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

Garth once said Zach Parise was the answer to our center problems. Yes. Carry on.

Pretty much my thought process once I read "Hockeybuzz".   Moving on to legitimate rumors.  

Toronto or the Rangers... hmmm

The Rangers really must not understand their cap situtation.  Unless they will magically transport Girardi, and several others with pixie dust, I don't see a Stamkos marriage. Now that could be fixed moving out Nash (not to Buffalo), and someone else, but I just don't understand that fit when they have too many RFA's to resign. 

Garth once said Zach Parise was the answer to our center problems. Yes. Carry on.

Which part doesn't seem plausible? The contract terms?

Also, I read it as that is what Buffalo would offer, not necessarily was he would sign for. 

Which part doesn't seem plausible? The contract terms?

Also, I read it as that is what Buffalo would offer, not necessarily was he would sign for. 

I just don't think Garth has any idea what he's talking about with anything related to hockey. I summarily dismiss any and everything he has to say. Besides, it's not exactly some stroke of genius to suggest an initial contract offer would be $10Mx7.

I just don't think Garth has any idea what he's talking about with anything related to hockey. I summarily dismiss any and everything he has to say. Besides, it's not exactly some stroke of genius to suggest an initial contract offer would be $10Mx7.

Fair as a square. 

Garth is a local sportswriter of unknown identity (although I'm sure someone on here knows who he is) who blogs under the pseudonym "Garth". Eklund is the fraud who posts fantasy rumors that never come true. Garth covers the Sabres for some news organization (guesses?). He and Ek are two very different things.

Believe in the guy or not he was in on Kane and ROR long before it became a thing though he's not always right and needs an editor his content is readable and entertaining. He's been on Stamkos, Fowler and just about any other rumored aquisition i've seen on here be it professional personalities or otherwise and he does have contacts in the building. I hope he's right about Fowler and Stamkos.

Believe in the guy or not he was in on Kane and ROR long before it became a thing though he's not always right and needs an editor his content is readable and entertaining. He's been on Stamkos, Fowler and just about any other rumored aquisition i've seen on here be it professional personalities or otherwise and he does have contacts in the building. I hope he's right about Fowler and Stamkos.

Everyone on SabreSpace knew that Murray was actively trying to get ROR. We had an entire thread dedicated to just that. 

I have no issue with Garth and outside of his lack of editing his crap, his stuff is interesting to read. 

Everyone on SabreSpace knew that Murray was actively trying to get ROR. We had an entire thread dedicated to just that.

I have no issue with Garth and outside of his lack of editing his crap, his stuff is interesting to read.

This site is in on everything Sabres, thats why I came here in the first place. I've learned alot from everyone here.

I like reading Garth, FWIW, and find him much more credible than typical rumor sites (and, for that matter, than guys like Garrioch).

For example, this is pretty solid analysis IMHO:

Murray is in a serious pinch right now as he now has three D making north of $4 million per season. Lindholm will make four D earni g north of $4M AAV. Add in Simon Despres at $3.7M and Clayton Stoner at $3.25M and Bob Murray has troubes on his hands.

Lindholm will be a 5 year, $30 million player when he signs his next contract.

Here is the Anaheim blue line cap crunch:

Vatanen $4,875,000
Bieksa $4,000,000
Fowler $4,000,000
Despres $3,700,000
Stoner $3,250,000
Lindholm RFA
Manson $825,000
Holzer (UFA)
*Theodore $900,000 (ELC)

How many $4+ million D can one GM have on his roster?

Am I just saying this because I want the Sabres to land Fowler or Lindholm? 

Maybe.

My current guess is that the Wings will be the team getting Stamkos. I actually think that Toronto and Buffalo will be less willing to completely break the bank for him, given the status of their rebuilds. Detroit has always been a win now team, and they don't often undergo full scale rebuilds, from what I've seen. For them, their current existence is The Streak. They'll give him what he's after, if they can shed Datsyuk's contract. 

My current guess is that the Wings will be the team getting Stamkos. I actually think that Toronto and Buffalo will be less willing to completely break the bank for him, given the status of their rebuilds. Detroit has always been a win now team, and they don't often undergo full scale rebuilds, from what I've seen. For them, their current existence is The Streak. They'll give him what he's after, if they can shed Datsyuk's contract. 

Could be.

Purely conjecture, but I think Stamkos might end up with the Islanders. They'd be copying the Penguin's model of a super-strong 1-2 punch down the middle with Stamkos and Tavares. The Isles would be a really interesting team with Stamkos.

Could be.

Purely conjecture, but I think Stamkos might end up with the Islanders. They'd be copying the Penguin's model of a super-strong 1-2 punch down the middle with Stamkos and Tavares. The Isles would be a really interesting team with Stamkos.

It could be fun to see. No doubt they would want him, unsure if he would go there. But he probably would if they offered the most. I think he goes where the money is, first and foremost. 

Harvey Fialkov@hfialkov 8m

8 minutes ago

Panthers GM Rowe said he's confident team will sign Yandle, possibly tonight. #flapanthers

Harvey Fialkov@hfialkov 8m

8 minutes ago

Rowe said that it looks like Campbell will test free agency as they're not that close on a contract #flapanthers

We are really getting thin on defensemen we can bring in

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov  8m

Panthers GM Rowe said he's confident team will sign Yandle, possibly tonight. #flapanthers

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov  8m

Rowe said that it looks like Campbell will test free agency as they're not that close on a contract #flapanthers

I bet Campbell wants one more year than they're willing to give. Whether that's 2 or 3, is the question, because I'm out at 3.

I'd do two for Soupy. He'd be a good partner for Risto or Bogo - or Pysyk for that matter.

I just wish Pysyk had played last year like it looked like he would back in his first stint.

He played the type of game we need and could solve a lot of problems.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.