2016 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

For the second year in a row, Jack Eichel will be playing on the same Boston summer league as Jimmy Vesey. Hmmm.. Jack treat him well - a lot of passes to him. Maybe have a little talk with over beers?

Vesey would have to buy  :P  It's really crazy to stop and think that Eichel is 3.5 years younger than Vesey.

Here are some of the top UFA defensmen (listed based on points scored last season)

LHD

Keith Yandle

Alex Goligoski

Brian Campbell

John-Michael Liles

Kris Russell

David Schlemko

Matt Bartkowski

Dan Hamhuis

Yevgeny Medvedev

Christian Ehrhoff

Jordie Benn

Kyle Quincey

RHD

Jason Demers

Luke Schenn

Roman Polak

Marek Zidlicky

Michal Rozsival

Ben Lovejoy

Nice list - 2 good things (1) there are some viable LHD for BUF and (2) the RHD list sucks and edm is desperate for RHD= more likely to trade down from #4 with BUF involving Bogo or pysyk

8th and Bogosian or Psysk for 4th and Davidson. Edmonton throws in an extra sweetener if they prefer Bogosian.

Edm has always really liked Bogo for what it's worth. Fair trade, I believe would be #8, a 3rd rounder or non-top prospect and Bogo for #4 and Reinhart. Gives edm a RHD and gives us a LHD, albeit one who has underwhelmed so far. Maybe reuniting him with his bro would help him??

Lucic, Ott, McGinn

lets get tough to play against!!!

and protect the young guys

Go Sabres

McGinn is the only one who is interesting.  And he IS.  I didn't want the Sabs to part with him in the first place.

I'm not certain any of those guys makes the Sabres better and leaves little room to sign Dmen

See above.

Lucic undoubtedly makes the team better but I don't think it's a legitimate consideration for the player or the team (and I'm okay with that).

Lucic seems zeroed in on Los Angeles, Vancouver and Edmonton.

The Sabres don't need that .  He's still good.  I still don't want him here.

Keith Yandle, Kris Russell (maybe if the price is right), Alex Goligoski in that order on LHD.  

Steven Stamkos, Frans Nielsen, David Perron, Andrew Ladd, Jamie McGinn, Kyle Okposo, maybe Boedker or Lucic.  

Shrugs very uninspiring UFA crop.  But, you will have a bulk/dearth of trading options. 

Keith Yandle, Kris Russell (maybe if the price is right), Alex Goligoski in that order on LHD.  

Steven Stamkos, Frans Nielsen, David Perron, Andrew Ladd, Jamie McGinn, Kyle Okposo, maybe Boedker or Lucic.  

Shrugs very uninspiring UFA crop.  But, you will have a bulk/dearth of trading options. 

For me, gotta put Goligoski over Russell for sure.

Also, I think that Ladd is entering the downside of his career and he'll probably get overpaid by someone.

WildCard, on 13 Jun 2016 - 3:19 PM, said:

Loui Eriksson isn't a burner any more, but he's a very, very solid possession guy

His superficial stats look really good. Can he be our Marian Hossa? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.