2016 NHL Free Agency

Hoss

Man I would triple check with the league and get it in writing before the expansion draft

It basically works out to anyone on an ELC is exempt. They word it somewhat confusingly. I'm sure it doesn't mean exactly that, but that's the gist of it.

Riley Sheahan signed for 2 years at just over $2 million per.

Pretty good Zemgus comparable if you're GMTM, IMO

He'll always be a cocaine fueled drunk teletubby to me! 

7KoTj.jpg

but yep, Riley is a good hockey player. Was a lot of fun to watch him last year. Detroit would be wise to keep him and Larkin. 

It basically works out to anyone on an ELC is exempt. They word it somewhat confusingly. I'm sure it doesn't mean exactly that, but that's the gist of it.

I'd get clarification in writing. This league is so full of s#!t I wouldn't put it past them to change what they meant as the expansion draft begins. 

That may be right.

I'm still pulling for him to make it work with the Sabres.

Ennis to me is a fortune-changing wildcard. Some have written him off, and I confess to not mentally factoring him in to future plans. But then sometimes I think about how he played the two seasons before this past one. And hindsight is just that, but there was a time when I looked at his 21 goals and 22 assists in a HORRID tank year, as a twenty-four year old, former first round pick, and thought: this guy would go 30g 30a for 60 points with good line mates on a good team. That would unquestionably be dynamic first line production.

Now, he didn't do that last year, having only played 23 games. But we are only one year removed from that optimism. The head injuries are the biggest concern now. But players with significant head issues have overcome them. Crosby and Bergeron to name a couple. Obviously that doesn't always happen.

But sometimes it's fun to think about the value we could potentially still get from this guy. Now clearly there's no way to know if he'll turn things around, and I've been vocal about wanting Stamkos. But if we could somehow find out that Ennis was going to return to his former trajectory, I may consider myself OFF the Stamkos bandwagon. He could give us that top 6 scoring presence that we seem to be lacking, for a fraction of the cost.

I think someone else probably already posted this 

@Buccigross

Foxboro (Mass) Summer Hockey Pro League kicks off tonight. Yes @BuffaloSabres fans, Jimmy Vesey is on Jack Eichel's team.

Team Harlow (GREY)
# Name Pos Current Team
1 Austin Leftowich G Danbury FHL
2 John Marino D Harvard   
3 Robbie Donohue D Manchester Monarchs 
4 Garrett Noonan D Milwaukee AHL
5 Matt Grizlich D Boston Bruins
6 Mark   Fayne D Edmonton Oilers 
7 Dennis Robertson D Charlotte AHL
8 Nolan Vesey F U-Maine HE
9 Matt Harlow F Manchester Monarchs 
10 Harry Zolniercyk F Anaheim Ducks
11 Garrett Hathaway F Calgary Flames
12 Bobby Farnum F NJ Devils
14 Nick Lappin F Albany River Rats AHL
15 Jack Eichel F Buffalo Sabres
16 Chris Calnan F Boston College HE
17 Pat Shea F U-Maine HE
18 Andrew Doane F Brown ECAC
19 Jimmy Vesey F Harvard ECAC
30 Conor Maher G Brown ECAC

Ennis to me is a fortune-changing wildcard. Some have written him off, and I confess to not mentally factoring him in to future plans. But then sometimes I think about how he played the two seasons before this past one. And hindsight is just that, but there was a time when I looked at his 21 goals and 22 assists in a HORRID tank year, as a twenty-four year old, former first round pick, and thought: this guy would go 30g 30a for 60 points with good line mates on a good team. That would unquestionably be dynamic first line production.

Now, he didn't do that last year, having only played 23 games. But we are only one year removed from that optimism. The head injuries are the biggest concern now. But players with significant head issues have overcome them. Crosby and Bergeron to name a couple. Obviously that doesn't always happen.

But sometimes it's fun to think about the value we could potentially still get from this guy. Now clearly there's no way to know if he'll turn things around, and I've been vocal about wanting Stamkos. But if we could somehow find out that Ennis was going to return to his former trajectory, I may consider myself OFF the Stamkos bandwagon. He could give us that top 6 scoring presence that we seem to be lacking, for a fraction of the cost.

Even if Ennis is just who he has shown--a 20 goal 20-25 assist player...that's a nice depth scoring piece, especially if we evolve to more of a balanced three line structure (not that I expect this, but one can hope). How many 40 point players do most Cup teams have? Not a ton. It's a valuable commodity.

I'd get clarification in writing. This league is so full of s#!t I wouldn't put it past them to change what they meant as the expansion draft begins.

There's no doubt this is already done... And there will be an official list of players exposed/protected provided by each team so it's not like the league can randomly change it...

Even if Ennis is just who he has shown--a 20 goal 20-25 assist player...that's a nice depth scoring piece, especially if we evolve to more of a balanced three line structure (not that I expect this, but one can hope). How many 40 point players do most Cup teams have? Not a ton. It's a valuable commodity.

Definitely. Did want to point out though that he still has potential to be even more, and perhaps the answer for that finishing winger we want with Jack. I don't think the two played together very much last year at. all.

I still think one should take the shot at Stamkos if possible, but my desire to do so would probably be mitigated somewhat if we somehow had a guarantee of a returned-to-form Ennis (but for obvious reasons it's impossible to know that).

The rules, if are set as reported, have been made pretty clear to this point. It has all been laid out in the expansion thread.

And yet questions remain. Listening to flat out inaccuracy again from Schopp the dope and bulldog on the radio today.

Team Harlow (GREY)
# Name Pos Current Team
1 Austin Leftowich G Danbury FHL
2 John Marino D Harvard   
3 Robbie Donohue D Manchester Monarchs 
4 Garrett Noonan D Milwaukee AHL
5 Matt Grizlich D Boston Bruins
6 Mark   Fayne D Edmonton Oilers 
7 Dennis Robertson D Charlotte AHL
8 Nolan Vesey F U-Maine HE
9 Matt Harlow F Manchester Monarchs 
10 Harry Zolniercyk F Anaheim Ducks
11 Garrett Hathaway F Calgary Flames
12 Bobby Farnum F NJ Devils
14 Nick Lappin F Albany River Rats AHL
15 Jack Eichel F Buffalo Sabres
16 Chris Calnan F Boston College HE
17 Pat Shea F U-Maine HE
18 Andrew Doane F Brown ECAC
19 Jimmy Vesey F Harvard ECAC
30 Conor Maher G Brown ECAC

Looks like Eichel likes his new number 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.