DLDT: Draft Lottery Discussion Thread, 4-30-2016, 8:00pm est

WildCard

They were definitely terrible last season, but they didn't trade away their "core" until this season.

…and Pat Kaleta at center.

And thatmakes a difference how? Other than Sabres had farther to go in the rebuild and needed to suck longer. The argument that the Laffs tanked with any kinda class is full of it. Sabres were up front with what they were doing the Laffs typical of the Ontario mentality try to put lipstick on a pig... both are still are pigs. Toronto media is full of it. They cant handle their hockey shiite stinkin. It's called basic honesty deal.

And thatmakes a difference how? Other than Sabres had farther to go in the rebuild and needed to suck longer. The argument that the Laffs tanked with any kinda class is full of it. Sabres were up front with what they were doing the Laffs typical of the Ontario mentality try to put lipstick on a pig... both are still are pigs. Toronto media is full of it. They cant handle their hockey shiite stinkin. It's called basic honesty deal.

Pat Kaleta at center.

I thought the consensus on generational was Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, and McDavid potentially with Eichel, Matthews, Stamkos, Tavares, Kane et al being just a notch below.

Not sure what you're responding to, but this seems about right. There are probably some other names that belong in the generational list. Not that I can think of one off-hand.

Pat Kaleta at center.

Is the debate over whether Toronto tanked "better" than Buffalo really a thing outside of the Toronto-based(and Toronto-centric) media?

If the Sabres didn't pull out all the stops and tank so disgracefully maybe we're talking about a Draisaitl/Strome core for our rebuild. Certainly nothing to sneeze at and the future would still look bright, but I like that we left nothing under our control to chance. I guess I can live with knowing the Sabres played Pat Kaleta at center and John Scott on D.

F the Leafs and their knob gobbling media lap dogs, at the end of the day I'll take our two tank prizes over theirs.

Not sure what you're responding to, but this seems about right. There are probably some other names that belong in the generational list. Not that I can think of one off-hand.

No one in particular, just got a sense that the generational label was maybe expanding a bit. I guess that will continue as long as the Toronto media keeps banging the drum.

Is the debate over whether Toronto tanked "better" than Buffalo really a thing outside of the Toronto-based(and Toronto-centric) media?

Not really, except for our own media and fans who are making fun of the Toronto media.

Yes because the lap dogs at the NHL also pay lip service to the whiny canadian media. Like chalk on a wall, listening to their inferiority complex and ad nauseum justification for why their shiite tank is justifiable because the sprayed it with perfume just grates on me. About the same as Boston Sox fans are about the Yankees.... guess I shouldnt care, Yankee fans dont, but the Cindy Crosby styled whining of Laffs fans and media is truly a disgrace to Canada and should be beneath them. Pathetic.

Feckin 'A. We needed to start Kaleta in goal.

Toronto already did that this past season, named Garrett Sparks.

oh, it's definitely rigged.....

And yeah, the Laughs are gonna get slot better, fast. The difference is that Buffalo was in the hunt for the top pick after tanking with their top prospects playing for the club this year playing how we expected or a little above expectations . The Leafs top prospects were still in the minors getting the occasional call up, in Europe, or dominating juniors. Now throw in American McDavid and it's only going to get better. Would have been funny to see an American team win last year and a Canadian team win this year though.....

Also would have been cool to see the Coyotes win the pick to get their local boy who grew up with that team.

I think you're talking about this year, "in the hunt for the top picks" seems like a stretch for a team that finished 22nd and played at a playoff-bubble pace for several months after a pretty crappy start.

I just don't understand why last year ppl were okay with Toronto getting McDavid because it would be a fun rivalry but this year they get Matthews and everyone loses their minds. 

I'm guessing they're not the same people. :)

TO went on a good run towards the end of the season and were in jeopardy of losing the carrion title.  Bang call up as many Marlies as possible.  Fixed.  TO has no high ground to defend. My gripe is the idea.that TO needs to be relevant for the league to be healthy.  TO has sucked for decades with no ill effects on the league. 

Not really, except for our own media and fans who are making fun of the Toronto media.

Are they making fun of the media and fans or the hypocrisy? I recall James Mirtle, Bruce Arthur and David Shoalts completely scathing the Sabres and their Fans for the tank last season. All the while praising The Shanaplan for rebuilding the Leafs.

Are they making fun of the media and fans or the hypocrisy? I recall James Mirtle, Bruce Arthur and David Shoalts completely scathing the Sabres and their Fans for the tank last season. All the while praising The Shanaplan for rebuilding the Leafs.

Both!

And that is the important question! Time will tell. But gotta beleive Sabres.

If we look at Jack for what he really is, a 1st overall, Reinhart for where we would've picked him if we won the lottery, 1st overall, and we look at the picks and other prospects we got for previous vets, I think its obvious we win. Phaneuf and Kessel didn't fetch nearly as much as our old core did Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.