DLDT: Draft Lottery Discussion Thread, 4-30-2016, 8:00pm est

WildCard

Alright boys, here it is, the draft lottery where we win it all. We've been shanghaied, screwed, and all but flipped off the past two years when it comes to this little event the NHL likes to pretend isn't the Oiler's annual 'Hope Springs Eternal' celebration. And, you may ask yourself, why is this? Do we not deserve it? Did tanking black ball us, either in the eyes of the hockey gods or Grinch who stole McDavid that is Bettman? Are we too small a market? The answer is, to each of those: the hockey gods all slept with each other and are too busy running rampant trying to kill each other to care about us, Bettman's heart (if it ever does enlarge) will force a heart attack, so that's good news, and we're the number one rated market in the league. So, no. We did nothing wrong, and still got screwed.

But, let's just say we did. Let's just believe in the Grassy Knolls, the faces in the clouds, and that Buzz doesn't know what the surface of the moon feels like; let's believe forces conspired against us for a moment here. Indulge yourself, you know you want to. Hell, I want to. Well, what does that lead us to then? That leads us to a season in which we didn't tank, in which we still are the best hockey market, and Bettman is 365 days closer to that heart attack. If there is any irony in this world, or perhaps even karmic retribution, we will indeed land in the top 3 this year, and laugh our ###### off all the way to the bank.

We all know what's at stack here. Nothing. Unlike last year, this is an event for pure entertainment and rejoicing. We have our guys, and our team, and now we can sit back and watch the pot sweeten a little bit as the Leafs cry in a corner and the Oilers end up with the 5th overall pick.

So, grab some beers, bring out your lawn games, and relax a little. We're gonna win it, and it's going to be hilarious.

Below is all of the chances on where we will possibly end up.

post-4071-0-92023300-1461990326_thumb.jpg

Edited by WildCard

Mmmm... a player, a third, and fifth, and, what the hell, throw in a seventh to move into the first round.  Murray has seemed pretty into this year's first round.

Randall Flagg, on 30 Apr 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:Randall Flagg, on 30 Apr 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:Randall Flagg, on 30 Apr 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/lottery.html 

This simulator is lots of fun, you can pick one ball at a time and see the odds change as each number is selected.

Your URL is messed.  NHL LOTTERY SIMULATOR

Buffalo in the top three (second pick) 1 out of 10 times.

Second time one of ten again (third pick).

We're likely to pick tenth, unless the 1-in-10 odds favors us.

Edited by SiZzlEmeIsTEr

Mmmm... a player, a third, and fifth, and, what the hell, throw in a seventh to move into the first round.  Murray has seemed pretty into this year's first round.

We're picking 1st. In dudacek we trust

Thanks for the heads up, think I got it fixed.

Anyone know if they've released the sheet of lottery ball combinations given to each team like they did last year?

Thanks for the heads up, think I got it fixed.

Anyone know if they've released the sheet of lottery ball combinations given to each team like they did last year?

Yeap. Right here

Edit: That's last years. Here's this years

https://www.scribd.com/doc/310954702/NHL-Lottery-2016-Look-Up-Table-Numerical

Edited by WildCard

Its black.

His heart is BLACK.

I can't watch the draft lottery. Last year it felt like they wound my intestines onto a hose reel as I helplessly watched. Tonight I'll avoid the show like the plague then avoid all forms of social media and television as long as I can. What will likely happen next is a truck full of crazed and ignorant/arrogant leafs / Oilers / Canucks / Bruins  fans will drive screaming past my house on their way to some god forsaken celebration somewhere.

I jest, I'll watch. I've always enjoyed good theatre and I'm sure Bettman and his favourite bald cohort will have some form of trickery up their sleeves. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

My dream would be Sabres, Coyotes, Vancouver.  Screw Edmonton, and Toronto being in the top 3.   :D

I like that draft!

Would be awesome if the Sabres landed the number pick after losing the past 2 years. Granted, Murray would've taken Reinhart anyway so losing the lottery didn't matter as much. Remember him being a little ticked off when the Sabres lost last year's draft. Like to think he's turned into an "I like "Eich" kind of guy. The two combined for 47 goals their rookie season. That's more than Kane/Toews and Getzlaf/Perry. 

The odds of the Sabres winning are very slim. 6.5% correct? Just hoping they a land a top 3. 

Edited by GoPre

If you were going in for surgery and the surgeon said you had a 6% chance of dying under the knife, you'd absolutely be convinced you were a goner. How come I believe there is zero chance of the Sabres getting the top pick?

Another way of looking at it is we have about the same chance to move up as we did to win McDavid last year. Granted, the other 80% doesn't exactly net us Eichel this year...

Here's to hoping we never have to even think about lottery balls ever again.

I did one sim. 10-7-2-5. Buffalo! Now for reality to follow suit.

I tried it twice, and got two redraws right off the bat, so I took it as a sign and I'm just gonna wait for the real results.

One of my least favorite Rush songs....but let's get this on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZmK4PKrJ60

Why are we here?

Because we sucked,

Roll the bones.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.